Ex Navy Seal Chases Down His Dog's Killers

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Marcus Luttrell is the lone survivor of one of the most deadly missions in Afghanistan on June 28th, 2005.

Marcus Luttrell | NavySEALs.com - Experience the SEAL Edge

He was given a puppy as part of his rehabilitation program. He named the dog Daisy, which was an acronym for the nicknames of the other soldiers in his unit that were lost. He raised the dog from a puppy and it meant a ton to him.

Well, a few days ago some punks were driving around his neighborhood in Texas killing dogs. They shot and killed his dog and he heard the gunshot. After running outside with his gun to see what was going on he ended up getting in his truck and chasing them down at speeds of 110 miles an hour or more. He called the police while in pursuit and because of his actions these people are now in police custody. If he was sleeping at the time or didn't go out to see what was going on they would probably still be free today.

One of the people is still at large somehow but they at least know who it is.

Here he is being interviewed about the murder of his dog and his heroic acts that followed.

YouTube - Marcus Luttrell's Dog Murdered by Punks in Texas

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Good for him! Who the hell could go around and just kill innocent dogs?? Where is the fun in that? I couldn't imagine killing such a loving innocent creature and tearing a family/person a part just for some entertainment. I am so glad he did that, and I am so terribly saddened by his loss. These kids deserve to be shot themselves... I can't stand animal abuse. Ugh.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Good for him, those people that went around and killed all those dogs for fun should go to jail for the rest of their lives. I really hope the other inmates have fun with them. I cant believe people would do such a thing, you need to be mental in the head if you ask me.

It's a good thing that he called the cops as well while he was chasing them.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
He was almost able to shoot them but they ended up getting away, which is why he decided to chase them in his truck. I would have preferred if he would have been able to get the shots off.

I was just watching something on the news today about this and apparently they might be able to be charged separately for each dog they killed (a felony in Texas) and that will give them up to 10 years in prison due to the fact that they did this more than three times (that same night seemingly).

It's interesting because it was also mentioned that a lot of serial killers start off by killing animals. If he didn't help catch these guys then who knows what they would have gone on to do. I mean, normal people don't just go around shooting puppies.

Thats a horrible story, I mean it doesn't "move me to my core" like the interviewer said, but it is a sad story. People just don't think. They deserve the jail time.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That is sad these punks didn't have nothing better to than to drive around killing dogs. They messed with the wrong guy and now they are going to pay for it. What if there was a little kid playing in the yard? That little kid could of been killed too. I hope the judge have no mercy on them.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
When I first started reading, I thought the story was going to be that the Navy Seal chased down the guys that killed his dog and killed them all --> Glad for his sake he had more restraint.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Of course, Texan kids are dumb as a rock and will do anything for a kick of laughs, this man did the right thing to chase them and make sure they were brought in. What satisfaction does someone get by killing or harming others property or living creatures??

~Shwa

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I first started reading, I thought the story was going to be that the Navy Seal chased down the guys that killed his dog and killed them all --> Glad for his sake he had more restraint.
Well that may have been better actually. Who knows if a decade in jail will change them but they were quoted during their arrest telling this guy that they will kill him when they get out of jail. At any rate that won't be helping their sentencing one bit...

I hope they get the very worst sentence possible. People like that need to spend as much time as they can away from society if you ask me. They obviously aren't doing anybody any good.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Who knows if a decade in jail will change them but they were quoted during their arrest telling this guy that they will kill him when they get out of jail.
:lol: I'd like to see them try --> I watched a portion of that video on his "Notable SEAL" page, where he listed off the things he's been through...... Those little punks are lucky to get off with prison.