Ex-Jet Coles signs with Bengals

Discussion in 'NFL' started by BigBob, Mar 4, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

He's obviously no T.J, but I think he can get it done as long as Palmer can stay healthy and the Bengals Defense stays out of legal trouble.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

This gives the Bengals a bit of lee-way on their offense. Now they won't have to rely as much on unproven talent. They are still in shambles, but hopefully they can build something worthwhile out of this.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I really think if they want to start getting better, they either wanna try for Roy Williams (S) or Darren Sharper (S, although I don't recommend this ;)) to have some proven players on D.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a good pick up, Coles is a proven wide receiver in this league, and Parson won't be afraid to throw him the ball, he will learn to have confidence in him real quickly in my opinion. After losing T.J, this is a good move from the Bengals orginazation.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Eh why not. Replace TJ with Coles...TJ is probably better but at least they got someone to try and fill that void.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Sorry, beat you to the post by like a second KD :p

I just think all hope is gone for Johnson. They need to really see what they can get for him if they want to start being the "normal" team. Trade him to Dallas and see what happens.

7. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

The Bengals Secondary isn't that bad actually. They have some respectable veterans at Safety (Mike Doss and Dexter Jackson) and a decent slew of younger talent. Over the past few seasons they actually lead the league in takeaways. The issue comes that the Bengals have a next to non-existent D Line and a mediocre (at best) Linebacking core. The Bengals can never get pressure on the QB so the plays have an infinite amount of time to develop. The Bengals definitely need a leader on defense, but I don't think their secondary is where they should try to put one.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

This could work out for them and I think he's younger than T.J. but like I said now they have to avoid dealing with CJ's crying.