• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ex dairy workers charged with animal cruelty

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
These men were caught on video kicking, dragging, beating cows in the milk barn of this dairy operation. The owners claim they had no idea the animals were being treated so horrible and immediately fired the men. They have installed security camera's since then to prevent it from happening again and the men have been charged with animal cruelty.

They won't get much out of it because it is only a misdemeanor. I think they need to be taken out behind the barn and beat, kicked and dragged like they did the cows.

BOISE, Idaho Three former workers with Idaho's largest dairy operation have been charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty after undercover video shot by an animal rights group showed workers stomping, dragging and beating cows inside a milking barn.

Three ex-workers at huge Idaho dairy charged with animal cruelty

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's just another example of what happens behind closed doors. It costs money to be humane so a fair amount of companies do what they can to slide by. When stuff like this this happens, they pass it off as quickly as they can. I'm sure it will be buried in a week.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure it will be forgotten too but at least the dairy has put in video surveillance. That is one thing any company can do to protect the safety of their animals and it doesn't cost that much. When people think they are being watched they will think twice about being abusive towards an animal.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
This happens everywhere, every day, in every country of the world. Most of the time it's not charged, in some countries it's even encouraged. The dairy industry is stupid in general. Humans don't need cows milk. It's bad for us, our bodies do not need it and we shouldn't drink it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
These men were caught on video kicking, dragging, beating cows in the milk barn of this dairy operation. The owners claim they had no idea the animals were being treated so horrible and immediately fired the men. They have installed security camera's since then to prevent it from happening again and the men have been charged with animal cruelty.

They won't get much out of it because it is only a misdemeanor. I think they need to be taken out behind the barn and beat, kicked and dragged like they did the cows.
I don't understand much the law about animal cruelty. If people can be sued because they kicked and beat an animal, how come people aren't sued when they kill them for hunting or food? But I understand why owners would fire them because it affected their "property" and could impact production which is probably bad for the business.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
This happens everywhere, every day, in every country of the world. Most of the time it's not charged, in some countries it's even encouraged. The dairy industry is stupid in general. Humans don't need cows milk. It's bad for us, our bodies do not need it and we shouldn't drink it.
Yeah but the whole 'You don't need it thus it shouldn't be allowed' defense is not a very good one because it can apply to pretty much anything beyond the most strict of human needs.

@Ysabel: There are regulations in place for hunting to control it. People don't hunt with dull knives, a hunter kills his prey quickly sometimes waiting for hours for a prize buck to pass by so that's at least more humane than how some animals get treated in facilities where they are processed for food. Stuffing chickens into tiny cages with a dozen others or beating livestock, etc. is not needed nor does it help any process.

With hunting, like I said there are regulations and many people do hunt and eat what they kill. Others do kill for sport but these regulations in place help protect the animal populations as a whole and regulate times and places to do such things.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My friend and I had a conversation about this last night and he said one of the concerns is probably the unnecessary pain or how some people seem to find pleasure in causing pain to other living beings. I eat meat and I know an animal has to be killed for that. I cannot see myself taking part in the process of harming or killing an animal but I must admit I find pleasure in eating the finished product. I don't know if it's hypocrisy...

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I eat meat too and I have raised cows before that at some point was going to end up on a dinner plate. Still that is no reason to make them suffer every day of their life. At least while they are alive treat them right and don't be abusing them. Its not hypocrisy, its the food chain but those at the top shouldn't put undue suffering on those at the bottom.