Ex-cook Gets 6 Months For Hair In Steak

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
WTMJ-TV said:
A former restaurant cook who has pleaded guilty to a food-tampering charge in Washington County has been sentenced to six months behind bars and three years probation. Ryan Kropp, of West Bend, was fired along with another cook after a Feb. 23 incident at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant in West Bend.

The 24-year-old is accused of inserting hairs in a steak before giving it to a dissatisfied customer.

Kropp apologized in court Tuesday, saying he was ashamed, embarrassed and remorseful. He will be allowed work release.

The patrol who got the steak, Kevin Hansen, says he doesn't accept his apology and Kropp deserves more time. He says he and his family don't eat out anymore.
The first thing I thought about when I read this was the movie "Waiting" the unrated cut.
This is exactly why I never send my food back and try to be nice to my waiter or waitress.

I think the cop is going a bit overboard in asking for more to be done. But then again I would be pissed if it was my food too.

Your thoughts?

Blueyes

Registered Member
Well I have never heard of someone getting jail time for this but I guess there is a first for everything. Never heard of the movie Waiting either so I have no idea what this is in correlation with but I guess the guy has solved the issue since he does not eat out anymore. I mainly eat at the local restaurant where I know everybody including the owner so if something is awry with my food like that you can believe that person will get fired immediately after I talk with someone. We've had waitresses fired before because they were downright rude.

First, what "type" of hair was it. By "type" I mean what part of the body did it come from? :\

Six months and three years is a bit harsh, I think. Just fire him, give him a fine, have him give an apology and order him to pay money to the victims of this hair attack (lol). Something around $500 is good. Jail time for this? Na, I wouldn't give that if I were the judge.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
The original article didn't go into what type of hair it was.

Waiting is a funny as hell movie rent it and see but be sure to get the unrated Directors cut.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
A bit harsh as a punishment I think.
If I'm dissatisfied with the food served I'll ask it to be changed but always in a pleasent way.
I'd hate to think that if the food I'm having replaced will be mixed with things I don't want to know about..

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
We're now throwing people behind bars . . for putting hairs in each other's food.

Am I the only one who thinks we're only shit-flinging away from devolving back into monkeys?