• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Evidence isn’t a concern? What?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Fox News host Sean Hannity was left perplexed on Thursday night when Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) proclaimed she has no interest in reviewing evidence released concerning the officer-involved killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

Sean Hannity Left Visibly Stunned by Dem Congresswoman
Wow, it just floors me that someone in her position isn't concerned about evidence. How can you not care about the truth? Because the truth doesn't fit your agenda?

Thoughts?

Reactions: Sim

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Wow, it just floors me that someone in her position isn't concerned about evidence. How can you not care about the truth? Because the truth doesn't fit your agenda?

Thoughts?
It seems race relations are at a low point that I haven't seen in my lifetime. This lady and many other influential African-Americans have this attitude. Similarly, I talk to many people in my family and work that have become much more racist towards African-Americans over the past few years. The black racism and white racism are at a very dangerous level. I don't know what its going to take to fix things now.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah, the evidence doesn't matter but of course she isn't a racist. :rolleyes:. It's the fact that idiots like this get elected that makes me lose faith in my fellow Americans.

If anything this just proves to me how deluded and just how dishonest she really is.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
These two were not even close to being on the same page. It's all a part of the circus anyway. It doesn't matter. Everyone knows what needs to be done to make this situation better, but the will isn't there. It isn't there on the part of the police, the courts, or the public.

Nothing will change. It's not supposed to change. If things changed for the better and these types of cases became exceedingly rare, then people wouldn't have a reason to complain. If people didn't have a reason to complain then 1/2 the people on this rock would suddenly have no more reason to live! That and the media that relies on their constant generation of content and demand for incessant and pointless bitching and moaning would die as an industry, knocking yet another leg out from under the American economy.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone like Sharpton ended up painting himself white, dressing up like a cop, and shooting some Black kid just to keep it going. It's getting that stupid. Apart from the parents of the collateral damage, nobody really gives a sh~t who gets shot or why, as long as it ain't them or on their street. It's just a reason for everyone to push their own views or agendas, nothing more. Gossip fodder. It makes me sick. Everyone's racist... Nobody seems to have the slightest bit of respect for the human race.

- Chameleon

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I feel like people like this don't want things fixed. They want to keep the hate and racism going and the truth doesn't support that agenda. It gives them power. They want black people to believe its all the white mans fault which is making racism worse on both sides. How is that going to help anyone.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It seems race relations are at a low point that I haven't seen in my lifetime. This lady and many other influential African-Americans have this attitude. Similarly, I talk to many people in my family and work that have become much more racist towards African-Americans over the past few years. The black racism and white racism are at a very dangerous level. I don't know what its going to take to fix things now.
This is exactly how I feel too. I know people aren't going to agree with me and I'm probably gonna catch shit, but to be perfectly clear I'm not blaming Obama and Holder, but I do claim they have made things worse. I'm sorry, but when you are president or the Attorney General, you represent EVERYBODY. You aren't an advocate, you don't represent one segment of society, you are EVERYBODY'S president, you are EVERYBODY'S Attorney General, including George Zimmerman and Officer Wilson, and you DON'T inject opinions into incidents even when you have all the facts and you don't make claims about this country being cowards in dealing with race and you don't have people like Al Sharpton over at the White House. It would disgusting for a white president to invite David Duke to the White House to discuss race relations, just like it is to invite that assclown.

I don't know what it's going to take either. I'm sick of race being brought into anything. I can't think of a person who has taken more criticism than Justice Clarence Thomas, from the black community. He's been called an Uncle Tom and worse, for a man who has dedicated his life to the law and was a REAL Constitutional scholar, yet has been criticized and ostracized simply for his opinions, and we've reelected a black president who has failed to call those people out for their racist opinions that Thomas isn't "black enough".

Race relations are worse now, worse than when Obama was elected. He hasn't been a uniter at all, but a divider. It's sad that we as a country keep taking steps back. It's so bad we have people like this who ONLY see race and ignore evidence. I can't think of much more racist than that.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This is exactly how I feel too. I know people aren't going to agree with me and I'm probably gonna catch shit, but to be perfectly clear I'm not blaming Obama and Holder, but I do claim they have made things worse. I'm sorry, but when you are president or the Attorney General, you represent EVERYBODY. You aren't an advocate, you don't represent one segment of society, you are EVERYBODY'S president, you are EVERYBODY'S Attorney General, including George Zimmerman and Officer Wilson, and you DON'T inject opinions into incidents even when you have all the facts and you don't make claims about this country being cowards in dealing with race and you don't have people like Al Sharpton over at the White House. It would disgusting for a white president to invite David Duke to the White House to discuss race relations, just like it is to invite that assclown.

I don't know what it's going to take either. I'm sick of race being brought into anything. I can't think of a person who has taken more criticism than Justice Clarence Thomas, from the black community. He's been called an Uncle Tom and worse, for a man who has dedicated his life to the law and was a REAL Constitutional scholar, yet has been criticized and ostracized simply for his opinions, and we've reelected a black president who has failed to call those people out for their racist opinions that Thomas isn't "black enough".

Race relations are worse now, worse than when Obama was elected. He hasn't been a uniter at all, but a divider. It's sad that we as a country keep taking steps back. It's so bad we have people like this who ONLY see race and ignore evidence. I can't think of much more racist than that.
I try to avoid pointing fingers too, but its hard to not get upset when we were labeled racist over every damn disagreement we had with the administration. Gas gets thrown on the flame when politics and race mix. Because I don't agree with higher taxes, I am a racist. Then when I see people stand up and cheer the race baiters, I get upset with them. Its a vicious cycle. And now that the administration is unpopular its even worse. Now they only have the race card.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.

Thoughts?
Just to clarify, am I getting this right? You absolutely without fail have to have to have to have evidence and a fair trial for any American, regardless of race? Is that what we're saying here? But when it's not in your country and the Taliban is included, then we want to award metals for those persecuting and executing the enemy with no trial?

Riiiiiight. :-/

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
What a dilemma I face to love the world and hate most of the people in it.
I hate the haters, I hate the liars, the cheats, the scammers and schemers.
I hate the hypocrites, I hate the users and manipulators, I hate the arrogant and the overly passive and permissive. I hate, I hate, I hate, and I hate that most of all. I can't turn on the frikkin' TV and learn about the world around me without being presented with a plethora of new things to hate. Sometimes I envy the psychopaths. Sometimes I wonder if I would have been better off with no empathy at all. If the suffering and hardship of others didn't affect me in the slightest. Sometimes I wonder if it would just be easier to become among the hordes who simply don't give a sh~t.

If I didn't have a conscience or moral compass, what great "success" I could have. Alas, I am not wired that way and I don't feel I could ever be reconfigured to such an extreme, but I can't help but imagine sometimes being the f~cker who just gets so bored with human callousness that he pushes the button that finally ends it all. By what measure of righteousness does our species deserve to live? By the right to kill and torture, torment and destroy? I don't care who is dropping bombs on whom. Enough is enough. Anyway, so ends another moody off-topic rant. We now return to our thread already in progress.

- Chameleon

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Anyway, so ends another moody off-topic rant. We now return to our thread already in progress.
Whilst the OP addresses an apparent concern for what sounds to be a racial case in America, the thread title very clearly expresses its concern with the lack of evidence required to condemn a person.

A person.

Your self confessed off topic rant was a good read, though I found it ironic how many contradictory things one person could hate. One point we can agree on, I too hate hypocrites.

Needless to stay, my stance on this particular case is that the person with judicial or legal authority should not get away with abusing it, be it for racial or any other reason.

Fair justice for all!!

Last edited: