Everything Bad Tied To Christianity

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lecturer at the 2016 White Privilege Conference (WPC) made the bold claim that almost every dysfunction in society, from racism and sexism to global warming and a weak economy, is united by the ideology of “Christian hegemony.”
White Privilege Conference: Almost Everything Bad Is Tied To Christianity

This man ties everything bad to Christianity. You would have to be a moron to believe that unless you think charity is bad. Somehow white privilege and Christianity is to blame for everything bad in the world, even the weak economy, sexism, racism.

I get sick of this phrase "White Privilege" being thrown around. Like if your white you must have been born with a silver spoon in your mouth. If that is true I would like to know where my sliver spoon is. If whites were saying this about another race they would be screaming racism.

Thoughts?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
My thoughts are the man has the IQ of a snail and has no reading comprehension skills, or any critical thinking skills for that matter. There have been problems in the world that pre date Christianity. There have also been problems in civilizations that had no ties to Christianity. Most of these things are tied to us being human beings. Some reading would be in order for this idiot.

I'm also sick of the "White privilege" claim. It's used to excuse laziness.

thealigator

Registered Member
This is the problem with free speech sometimes, people are allowed to go around preaching hatespeech because they are protected when really he should be told to sit down and shut up.

I also wonder why he chose the WPC to do this? He is aware that not every christian is White right? That it is not a religion held only by caucasians? Christianity is a massive spectrum of people not just one specific race and the fact the WPC is used as something that is designed to be against hate this seems even worse. I am assuming that rather like The Westboro Baptist church he chose this because he knew people would be listening.

Sim

Registered Member
I agree, the guy mentioned there is a moron.

However, Christians must ask themselves if maybe, some of them are giving their religion a bad name.

For example, by mixing religion with politics and disguising their political extremism in the name of Christianity. By doing so, they are not doing their religion a favor. Opponents of their politics have no choice but condemning the religion along with the political demands. And they shut the doors of many potential followers for the word of Jesus with their loud and shrill bigotry.

The problem with Christianity and any religion is how people interpret it. Some people will twist anything in any religious piece to suit their own needs. If they're dark minded then they'll find a way to make anything religious very evil.

Sim

Registered Member
My problem with Christianity is that it seems far too many Christians SEEM to know nothing about it, nothing about Jesus and live their lives as if he didn't exist and they were ignorant of his teachings.

Survey Finds Most American Christians Are Actually Heretics

This surprised me not at all.
Guess for many who identify as "Christian", their religion is less about faith and more about cultural identity: "I'm one of those who go to church on Sunday, are offended by certain things all others around me are offended by too, and I hold certain political views. And I'm certainly not one of them godless liberals". That's what being "Christian" means for many.

It's that unfortunate mix of religion and politics I mentioned elsewhere. "Christian" is just a label they give themselves to distinguish and differentiate themselves from other subcultures, most of all liberal-minded progressives and/or worldly hedonists from bigger cities.