• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
This looks like a pretty neat game on PS4. I really want to play it.

Hopefully I will be able to get this soon. Anyone else played this one or want to give it a go?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
What exactly is it? The trailer didn't give me much or I just have brain damage.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's basically a game where your thrown into this empty town. With no people at all, they have all evacuated or they are all dead or something. And you walk through the town to try and piece together what happened there. And as you walk around you can get little snippets of shadows and conversations of the people who used to live there. I think it looks really relaxing, almost dreamlike as you slowly wander around through this place.

It's certainly not the type of game for everyone though. It's not fast-paced in any way.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sounds interesting! I'll have to read up on it some more. Reminds me of a game who's name I've ironically forgotten which is actually about memories and dementia, haha.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's a lot like Ether One and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I liked it. I put about 10 hours into it before moving on to other games. I'll eventually go back, especially since it has a fairly easy platinum trophy. Haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Is it Dear Esther?
It's a lot like Ether One and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I liked it. I put about 10 hours into it before moving on to other games. I'll eventually go back, especially since it has a fairly easy platinum trophy. Haha.
@Crouton - It was Ether One. I downloaded it when it was a PS+ Free game, I think, but never got too far into it. It's good and I like the subject matter, but it didn't draw me in gameplay-wise.

@Detrimental - how much does it cost?

Konshentz

Konshentz
$20. Which I think is a tad bit overpriced. It's good but like you said for Ether One, the gameplay wears thin pretty quickly. I'd wait until there's a sale or it's a free PS+ game.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh yeah I've heard of Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but never played it. I want to play this but I'm the same as Det, it's a little too expensive for me still right now.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well I'm downloading this now, even though I could have saved 4 or 5 dollars on it during the recent sale...oh well. The appeal of the look and the very different style of game and storytelling drew me in. @Detrimental the style also has me interested in Gone Home next week. More games like Myst back in the day need to happen for the sake of variety and storytelling. Not everything needs to be CoD.