Every time I enter the political forum I think of this....

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This always amuses me. People didn't get mad? Didn't he leave as one of the least popular presidents ever? Didn't his administration cause a huge win for the Dems in '08? I know it was 2 years ago but I remember a lot of people mad.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think he made some legitimate points that out of all the things to get truly outraged about, health care is what pisses people off.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
The arrogant and presumptive projection of an entire exaggerated and prejudiced set of opinions upon anyone who does not believe it is the place of federal government to foist upon unwilling citizens an entire bureaucracy to take their money in exchange for a promise to fix that which is not broken is simply a cheap form of demonization permitting one to feel superior over others with whom they do not agree.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
And I think health care is a legitimate reason to be pissed off. It also assumes those pissed at health care weren't pissed at anything else. Judging by Bush's unpopularity that's a statistical impossibility.

Wade8813

Registered Member
1. I didn't get mad because I never once heard a legitimate argument that anything was wrong with it - just that people were disappointed.

2. Didn't know about it.

3. Yeah I was upset

4. I have mixed feelings about the patriot act

5. I think removing Saddam (and other dictators) is probably a good thing. It's quite possible the war is/was illegal, but so many of the arguments raised against it are flimsy enough that I'm uncertain.

6. (see #5)

7. I'm pretty sure everyone was angry. But so what? That may have been a political thing, but it also may have just been soldiers doing that they weren't supposed to be doing.

8. I kinda did, but you're right, I don't get particularly upset when I find out we're torturing terrorists.

9. Unfortunately, all I've heard on this is hearsay.

10. I kinda am, but it seems like a weird thing to get mad about. It's not like there's anyone to blame for it.

11. Yeah I did. But I doubt the president goes around inspecting hospitals.

12. Sort of did, but again, pretty much all I heard was hearsay.

13. Sure I did - which is why I'm even more upset that Obama is trying to surpass Bush in spending

Congratulations - you've managed to stereotype, mislabel, insult, and judge a significant portion of the American public. You don't just think they're misguided, you think they're idiotic and viciously evil. And you wonder why they get defensive?

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
If people were truly mad at bush they wouldn't have elected him twice.

That was actually an historical moment, where the US citizens had the change to part themselves from the hideous government choices condemned by the entire world and make a stand, or to prove to the international community that Us citizens were in fact in favor of his decisions and from that moment you were characterized by them.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Congratulations - you've managed to stereotype, mislabel, insult, and judge a significant portion of the American public. You don't just think they're misguided, you think they're idiotic and viciously evil. And you wonder why they get defensive?
Do I have to remind all you morons we're in subtalk here?

:-/