Ever wait in line for a game or console?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I waited in line for the XBOX 360 and I have to say it was a great experience. There's something about just staying awake until the wee hours of the morning sitting out in the cold with about 20 other strangers all waiting for the same thing that just feels good.

Oh yeah, the "something" I refer to is being first in line. I waited for about 13 hours total for the 360. All of the people were really cool for the most part and we ended up having a good game of poker for a few hours to pass the time.

I also waited for Halo 2 and attended a pre-midnight launch party at GameStop, which was basically a Halo 1 tournament on big screens. The winner won a huge Master Chief statue and also a special edition copy of Halo 2.

Ironically I no longer have an XBOX 360 OR Halo 2, but hey I find reward enough in the thrill of the chase. I'll eventually get a 360 again but in the meantime I'm doing just fine without one. :)

Teorropy

Afraid I can't say I did. Andrew my wife is sitting next to me laughing at you with a big L on her forehead, I think she is telling you that you are so lucky.:nod:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I usually buy it a few weeks later really, but I got XBox 360 the next day it came out. Waited 4 hours in the line.

I was really excited about the PS2 and PS3 launch and was thinking about going down to a BestBuy and waiting, but then that eagerness and excitment wore off and I ended up waiting.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I usually wait until all of that generation's consoles and a good many games are out before deciding on which one I want. I usually end up with the one with the best games in my own opinion. My favorites from each generation were always the first ones I got like N64, PS2, and 360. I just can't see myself waiting in line to get a console when I can get it cheaper in a few months barely used at Gamestop for $100 cheaper.

If I have waited in line, it hasn't been for more than a few minutes. I can wait a bit to get whatever it is I want.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I have never queued for long times on launch. I did however pay about £100($200) extra for a Wii on its launch day as they were like gold dust to get a hold of.
If its a game I really really want I just pre-order it, they send me a sms message on the realease day and I pick it up with a guarantee that it will be there for me(I think you can do something similar with online home delivery). I currently have GTA4 on pre-order.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I waited five different times for the Wii and was successful with all five attempts. I turned around and sold four of them for double the profit because those things are hard to find. The first time I waited in line for eight hours,and while I was carrying out this lady asked me if I wanted to sell and I sarcastically said yeah for $800 dollars, she said ok, went to the ATM and gave $800 in cash and I started a small operation and did it three other times.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am patient when it comes to games. I am a big fan of the GTA games but I don't remember ever waiting in a big line for them.