• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ever try to write down a dream you had?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anybody else ever have a really interesting or flat out awesome dream and try to remember it long enough to write down as much as possible before you forget it?

I woke up recently and had one of the coolest dreams ever. I would try to explain it but unfortunately this was one of those times when I couldn't write it down in time and I can't remember any of it for the life of me... GRR!

I wonder how many books or maybe even just certain parts of books were inspired by dreams.

Anyway, this is a bit random but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been annoyed by this.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
If you preform any action other than writing down the dream, you won't remember it. There's a vitamin that can help with the remembering of dreams. Also, keep a notebook near your bed. Write in it as soon as you wake up, but don't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom.

Also, try to focus on remembering your dream before you go to sleep. It'll work.

debrajean

I get so many ideas from the dreams that if I didn't have my notepad and pencil beside my bed, I'd never have anything to write about.

Phoenix

Fee-nix
Ya, Im starting to write down my dreams. Dreams are so cool, though. At least I think so. They can be scary too. I have many dreams about the future...it does not look too fun :shake:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't been sleeping the best lately so I've been aware of many of my latest dreams. I haven't written any of them down though and I'm pretty sure they are gone for good. I can't remember them for the life of me.

Just last night I am pretty sure I had a cool dream. Oh well.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Try using any of the methods I said above. They're all developed by psychologists and proven to be effective in remembering your dreams.

garfield

No, I'm not really getting excited to pencil it in. I never tried... dreams are fascinating, amazingly unreal, escaping you off real life problems... but they only last a minute or two :[

My mind rarely achieves to 'catch' details the next morning.

SimplyGenius

Registered Member
Ya, if you write it down, you'll remember that dream forever. I have only ever written down two dreams. Here's one I remember:

Something with a circus, rain and walking across the plains of Kentucky. I think there was something that had to do with boots too.

OK, I wrote it down somewhere, but I have no idea where I put the paper. But I do remember at least having that particular dream BECAUSE I wrote it down. Ya, it's pretty cool stuff.

Phoenix

Fee-nix
interesting...I can usually remember my dreams in great detail. I remember my dreams back to when I was four years old...I dont know why...hm.