Ever take a break?

Vegito728

Registered Member
Simple question, have you ever taken a break from anime? And if so how long was the break for?

The longest break I have taken from watching anime would a month. The reason I don't take long breaks I guess is because it's something I do to relax and I enjoy it. So there's really no reason to take a break.

Last edited:
Probably 5 months or so. From january 07 till may 07 I haven't watched anime. Then I began watching Inuyasha and it got me hooked again. Then the summer of 07 came and I went to Malaysia for 7 weeks. I sporadically watched shows on Animax such as: Dragonball, Gokusen and Ginban Kaleidoscope.

EDIT: might as well give a reason. I was kinda busy rehabilitating from my knee injury. I didn't feel like watching Urusei Yatsura and Gintama. Both bored me to a certain point. I was playing a lot of NBA 2K7 and just watching NBA games.

Last edited:

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Yeah I've taken a break. Longest break was about 6 months or so. But then I dive in hardcore. Then take another break. I need to just be steady but it never happens lol.

Kanji

Registered Member
7 or 8 months is about how long I go with out anime usually because I'm working alot including weekends and never have time to watch anything or atleast thats how it seems and then when I do get a few days off I usually have alot of other stuff to do.
Plus I like to marathon through series and watch it all in one sitting if possible.
Of course right now I'm Jobless so I've been able to catch up on a few things.

Last edited:
Simple question, have you ever taken a break from anime? And if so how long was the break for?

The longest break I have taken from watching anime would a month. The reason I don't take long breaks I guess is because it's something I do to relax and I enjoy it. So there's really no reason to take a break.
Im still on my 20 year break.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Well after watching a bunch of mediocre anime series in in late 06 I probably stopped watching for a couple months. Nothing was coming out and I had watched a bunch of terrible series.

Black Lagoon actually got me back into anime and School Rumble ended a long drought last summer.

I dont think I have completely stopped watching anime. Even when I think "man I havent seen an anime in ages" I still watched an episode every other week on dvd.

I suppose when viewing new anime I look at it a bit differently.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I haven't actually picked a series and stuck with it for several years now. Ever since FMA, ended, I haven't picked up any new series. If it's not on TV, then it's hard for me to follow.

I haven't taken a break from manga since I was maybe 8 or 9.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I haven't actually picked a series and stuck with it for several years now. Ever since FMA, ended, I haven't picked up any new series. If it's not on TV, then it's hard for me to follow.

I haven't taken a break from manga since I was maybe 8 or 9.

Oxy you need to start dling/buying anime again. There is a lot of good stuff out there you probably havent seen.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Being in the land where anime doesn't rule like it should i'm used to taking long breaks and when i find a decent site that lets me watch for free i will watch a few series then take a break for a while, the time tends to vary on how busy i make myself.