Ever Read The Entire Bible??

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Dabs, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I wasn't sure whether to put this here in the books section, or religion, but I thought it worked best here, but if someone decides to put it elsewhere, have at it.
    I don't like to talk about religion or politics, because both cause fussing and nobody will ever change their minds, and so it's useless, in my opinion, to discuss those things.
    Anyway, I was wondering how many people have actually read the entire Bible??
    Or maybe most of it....and do you understand it??
    I'll be the first to answer...I have never read the Bible, I don't understand one damn word of it, it's boring to me just like church is, so why should I bother??
    As you can tell, I'm not a religious person.
    But do tell, have you read the book??

2. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Read it, don't agree with it, I view it as a good horror/fantasy book.

3. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I have read most of it, and your right it is pretty boring, and some of the stuff doesn't make a whole lot of since. I am a Christian, and unfortanetly The Bible is something I can't force myself to read straight through.

4. Daemonic

I find it interesting that so many Christians seem to have not finished the Bible....

Just an observation I have made.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've been called on that before but no longer. I am a Christian and I have read the entire Bible. I read it in order from front to back over a period of around 4-5 months. This was around a year ago.

6. Daemonic

Good for you, I am also of the firm belief that for some that may be the best path for them.

That goes for any religion.

What works in the best interest for one may not for another. Anyway, always good to hear a person evaluated their system in depth and found what works for them. What drives me nuts is people that blindly follow things based on what society or their parents tell them.

7. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I concur, like I said I am a christian but I don't spread the word of God around like alot of people I know do. I think that it is up to the individual if they want to have a religion or not. You don't have to read The Bible to believe in God, some people start believing after some type of miracle or whatever and they never cracked open The Bible. I also don't go to church because the preachers always tell you how to act in situations, because Moses did this or Jesus did this in that situation. I believe in God, but I don't consider myself a big fan of religion.

8. Daemonic

Not to drift op topic but just something I find interesting.. I look at the anti Christian atheist and other hateful groups and it never ceases to amaze me the person many with my particular beliefs is the one backing up religious freedom since they are so far from Christianity.

Something about that I find entertaining.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  9. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Um oddly I didn't read the entire bible until after I stopped beleiving.

I love the bible to read. I like the stories and the morals delivered. As a book to live my life by - no thanks!

:)

10. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I personally don't think that if you haven't read every scripture in the Bible that you are "blindly" following a religion. Sure, the ideal is to read it as it gives you knowledge on how to lead your life. But does it make me less of a Christian if I haven't read it front to back? I don't think so.

To answer the OP, I have not read the entire Bible back to front yet. I actually started doing that a short while ago, starting with the New Testament. I'm doing a bit of a study on it as I go, so it's taking a little bit longer, but I am really enjoying it actually! :D I will come update this thread when I am done, whenever that is!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010