Ever Lied About Your B-Day At Restauraunts?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have you ever lied about your birthday at restaurants that give you a free piece of cake or whatever it it's your birthday?

I haven't, but I was at a restaurant today where like 3 different people were getting sung Happy Birthday and I started to wonder how often people might just fudge the date, no pun intended.

Jeru

Registered Member
We use to do it all the time, we would never say its our own birthday but someone else's because this place makes you stand up on the table and dance and it is pretty embarrassing, im sure the restaurant knows that its not really there birthday but they like to have fun embarrassing people too

Dopey

Registered Member
Phah. Every single day.
Free cake is awesome.

No, but seriously. I've never done that. Probably because I really, really hate it, when people start singing while I'm enjoying dinner.

I've seen it happen though. Which is just as irritating.

Have you ever lied about your birthday at restaurants that give you a free piece of cake or whatever it it's your birthday?

I haven't, but I was at a restaurant today where like 3 different people were getting sung Happy Birthday and I started to wonder how often people might just fudge the date, no pun intended.
I've never done it or been with a group that has, but I do know that every time my mum goes out with her colleagues they always say it's a different persons birthday, it's like a tradition now lol. They don't go out often at all though really.

sb1732

Registered Member
Nope i've never done it. Although i never really go to restaurants for birthdays anyway so i wouldn't even know if they gave you anything for free or not, haha.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
No I've never done it before, and to be honest I've never thought about doing it or other people doing it. I think that's me just being totally nieve.

Plus, I don't think restaurants give you free stuff anymore just for a birthday.
The place the people I mentioned do this at is 'P.F. changs' or something.. we don't have that over in the UK but apparently they give you a free cake if it's your 'birthday', so that's why they always do it there I think this is the worst post I've ever written bai.

Oh wait, I just found a list of places that are likely to give you free food on your birthday:

Birthday Deals and Discounts

Bliss

Sally Twit
It's not common where I live for staff at restaurants to sing Happy Birthday to you or to give you things. They do look after the cake for you and bring it out when you tell them to though which is always nice.

I've never lied about it being my Birthday or been with anyone that lied about it. I think it'd be pretty sad really.