Ever have that feeling... [Work related]

Of wanting to come home (from work) so bad because you're sick of working, yet when you're home you crave to go to work to earn money (or because you're bored)?

I dunno why, but I do have that feeling. When I'm at work I'm so sick and want to come home, yet when I get home I want to go to work to earn more money. Odd, that.

Anybody else ever had that feeling before? Or possibly something similar?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I never want to be at work... I am also salary based so it doesnt matter too much how long I stay at work.

I will say though on the weekends if I have nothing going on I do get bored fairly quickly now since I started working.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I work out of the house so I can never get that feeling, even when I am not working on my stuff there is allways work to be done around the house cleaning, laundry and fun stuff like that.

But truth be told I would rather be in my shop working 24-7 and have someone else do all the house work.

wooly

I am the woolrus
i felt like that after i quit my job alright.

but when i was working like 40 hours a week and earning roughly 300 euros a week, i used to spend it all going out (ridiculous amount i know, but i used to go out every thursday, friday and saturday) when i quit work and realised i'd drank all my money instead of saving it and now i had no more money to spend.... i wanted to work pretty bad!

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Of wanting to come home (from work) so bad because you're sick of working, yet when you're home you crave to go to work to earn money (or because you're bored)?

I dunno why, but I do have that feeling. When I'm at work I'm so sick and want to come home, yet when I get home I want to go to work to earn more money. Odd, that.

Every day. I hate that feeling. Usually when I'm at work we're either dead or I'm doing tedious tasks. I'd rather work when we are busy because time goes by faster and I make more money (tips) when we have a lot of orders. When I'm at home I feel like a bum and would rather be at work... I feel you on this one.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"

Yes,
I've had it several times. It's a sign [albeit an obvious one] that you are not happy in your job, so it's time to move on.
Tip:
Find a job 'before' leaving the one you are in. It can take minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and even years to find a new job. Often you have to justify periods in your life of having no work, but if you can provide a history where one job ended and you walked right into another job, it looks better for you.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I do this a lot, but it is usually because home is so stressful. I actually like my job and I get paid well so I dont mind working as long as possible. Back when I had to be there for 8 hours a day I just wanted to leave because that felt too long... Now I can pretty much work when I want to and it is wonderful!

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yes,
I've had it several times. It's a sign [albeit an obvious one] that you are not happy in your job, so it's time to move on.
Tip:
Find a job 'before' leaving the one you are in. It can take minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and even years to find a new job. Often you have to justify periods in your life of having no work, but if you can provide a history where one job ended and you walked right into another job, it looks better for you.
This is true.

I get very little reward out of my work. But the pay is too good and better than working an hrly wage job.

wolfheart

Registered Member
The only time i get that feeling is over Christmas.
My boss goes away over that time,so instead of having a week of like everyone else,i am off for 3 weeks.
The first week is great,but i find i start to get bored,and want to be back at work by the second week!.
The only good thing is its paid holiday,so i have plenty of cash over the Christmas week.