• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ever Had to Kick Someone Out? (Or Been?)

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
As if splitting from someone with whom you saw yourself being able to "make it" in the long run isn't arduous enough--

--have you ever had to actually kick someone out of the place in which you were living? Did someone do it for you? Have you ever been kicked out? What were your/their reasons? How did it happen?

No...the new relationship didn't last...</3 :cry:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm sorry, Mark.

Yes as a matter of fact, my last break up resulted in me having to leave the place where I was living. I ended up having to live with my daughter's father. We've always maintained a good relationship, but this is far from an ideal living situation. I can't really answer the questions "what happened" and "what were their reasons" because to this day I still don't know. Almost a year into it, he said "Don't take this the wrong way, but I have no business being in a relationship right now". As if there is a right way to take that.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
Almost a year into it, he said "Don't take this the wrong way, but I have no business being in a relationship right now". As if there is a right way to take that.
:shake: No, there's no right way to take that. Thank you for sharing.

imnotcreative

Registered Member
Yes, I've had to kick someone out before. We were dating and he wouldn't get a job. When he finally did get one, it was bussing tables at a restaurant right across the street. I came home from work on the first day he worked to find him sitting on my couch, stoned. I said "are you high?" He said "yeah, its great ain't it?" So I told him to get out right then. That was pretty much it. I loved him, and had he been more responsible we likely would have gotten married. But I was sick of being used.
It sucks.=\

akefuyung

Registered Member
I was forced to kick my ex fiance out of my house. I loved her, but she took great advantage of our relationship. Everyday was the same nagging person. Most of the time I had friends who I cherish. I was given an ultimatum about whether or not if I continue to stay friends with my great friends or stay with my fiance. I honestly do not understand why such question came about. But I've come to realise that she was this needy nagging person who wanted to be with me 24/7. Until she cheated on me I told her to leave my house. I've threatened that she needs to get all of her stuff out of my house or I put all of her stuff in my house on the driveway and mark free. She did the wise decision.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
When I was in highschool, my mom finally managed to get a court order to kick my step dad out. It was retarded, he waiting until about half an hour before the time on the court order, then packed up his bag, and drove off. Then we were left to deal with his stuff. In the end, we had to sell the house because he wouldnt let my mom buy out his half of the property. He'd rather noone had it if he couldn't be there. So his 2 kids and us 3 step kids had to move out of the house we grew up in. Bloody bastard. It sucked too because I was graduating that year. The last month of grade 12, I was on crutches with a broken ankle, living in a new place. Not even my place, just staying at my mom's friends place so I could finish highschool. argh. Anyways, that's my experience with kicking someone out.

StormyClouds

Registered Member
I kicked my ex out of my parents house, I walked home with him one day, and i snapped, i dont remember what he said to annoy me, but it was the last straw and i slammed the door in his face andtold my dad to give him his stuff. he went whinging to my nan who took his side. I never took him back. 10 years later he turned up on my parents door step looking for me. Don't know why and don't particularly care. he's an ex for a reason.

Wade8813

Registered Member
As if splitting from someone with whom you saw yourself being able to "make it" in the long run isn't arduous enough--

--have you ever had to actually kick someone out of the place in which you were living? Did someone do it for you? Have you ever been kicked out? What were your/their reasons? How did it happen?

I've never had to kick anyone out because of a relationship, but there was a tenant staying in our house that had to go.

This guy was a complete slob, and acted like a vindicative 2nd grader. Some of it wasn't entirely his fault, but a lot of it was. He chewed tobacco, and due to a past heart attack had terrible motor control, so sometimes it would fall out of his mouth a little bit.

One time my dad offered to do his laundry for him since it was downstairs, and my dad didn't want to risk him overexerting his heart. Somehow or other one of his shirts ended up missing. Eventually it turned up, but somehow he got it in his head that my dad must have hidden it just to get back at him or something. So he decided to deliberately spread his chewed tobacco in random places around the house.

Almost a year into it, he said "Don't take this the wrong way, but I have no business being in a relationship right now". As if there is a right way to take that.
I know this isn't true for most people who say lines like that, but it's not necessarily BS.

I personally feel the same way about myself - that it's not a good time for me to be in a relationship. I've got plenty of my own stuff to take care of without being in an intimate relationship. Of course, I realized that before getting in the middle of a relationship... :rolleyes: :lol:

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I had to kick my ex out a few months ago. Trying to be a decent human being, I let him stay as long as I could, for his convenience, because he worked in my town but his home town was an hour and a half away... It just wasn't working out, and we would fight all the time and I was ready to start dating again, which i didn't feel I could do with him around, so finally I told him I was considering moving out of my current place into a place with a friend (which I really was) and he went through the roof for some reason. After that falling out he said he was going to leave, which was an idle threat, and I told him that he did need to which I stood my ground on.

Needless to say, I still have about 96% of his belongings... Which he just seems to have no interest in getting back. I have packed them all and put them in the garage for him to get at his convenience, but he has yet to come get anything. The only things he has are a few bags of his clothes I was kind enough to take to him.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yep, last year. I would have wanted it to be earlier but he holds on to this apartment more than he holds on to our relationship. My ex became uncooperative with the divorce simply because he didn't want to move out. He was perfectly fine with separation as long as I'm the one who will move out. But since I'm the one getting full custody of our kids, naturally I needed a home. It has gotten messy to the point of having the judge order his departure from this flat after our legal separation was announced.

He was given a specific time to "leave", enough to look for another housing options for himself and move his stuff out. If at this period he still refused to leave, then I could call the police and have him forcibly taken from the house. I didn't want to reach that point. Sure, I wanted him out of my daily life so badly but I don't think the kids will have a good memory of seeing their dad being taken away by the police.

So when the deadline came (or a week before), and as I have expected, he begged if he could overstay because he wasn't "ready" and waiting for his bosses to cover for his move (they wanted him to work closer to the Swiss borders). But I know most of this is lack of planning in his part, he's just that lazy. He seriously thought I'd call the police on him and maybe that's better otherwise I'd never be able to kick him out. I made some demands in exchange for his short overstay, including dropping his ridiculous appeals case against me (which he did) and he also changed his lawyer (who was devil incarnate) so my lawyer can work with someone who isn't just abt money and war.

It was indefinite for a while, but after almost a month of extension I said it's too much and he has to leave. Then he did. It felt weird seeing him pack half of our stuff (especially when we had to divide our 900ish DVD collection). I feel bad alright but I can't have a heart now because I will regret it the way I regret having forgiven and giving him so many chances before, only to be betrayed after.

And as if it's not hard enough, a couple of months after he moved out, he still hasn't found a permanent house (he stays with his parents sometimes) and all of his stuff (except the traveling things) are stored in a storage house. And that storage house caught FIRE! He was poorly insured, lost his stuff (yep, our half collection of dvds, our biggest telly, 2 laptops, furniture, books, pictures/videos, clothes, etc.). I felt so sorry for him and a part of me feels guilty although it's not my fault he decided to put stuff there, it's not my fault the storage caught fire, it's not my fault he hasn't found a decent place yet, it's not my fault he had alki and substance problems, it's not my fault we had to separate.

le sigh...