Ever had an auction pulled?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by karenlyn, Oct 8, 2006.

1. karenlyn

karenlyn Registered Member

Here's a question for everybody... have you ever had an auction pulled by eBay for something you didn't mean to do or by mistake? Do you think eBay sometimes pulls auctions unfairly?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yes, and yes. I've had several auctions pulled. Mostly for mentioning a website or having a URL in an image. I find it very annoying and eBay has even admitted to pulling some unfairly. Luckily I've been able to get everything sorted for the most part, but it's still annoying when you have a day left on your auction and it's getting good traffic and suddenly it's gone.

3. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

Nope, never have. But then, I haven't done a lot of selling, really, either.

4. eldragon

eldragon New Member

Yes, several things. About a year ago I bought an entire collection of "Faces of Death" videos and listed them. They were doing well, and ebay pulled them.

Not allowed - too violent .......even though I think it's all fake.

Used to be you couldn't sell Grateful Dead stuff, and you still can't list Microsoft.

Certain coupon items get pulled.

5. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Yes, yesterday morning. I had one of my auctions pulled. What gets me is that 3 other people are selling the exact same item I was and their ads were no different. (no the ad wasnt pulled for plagaerizing)
    Mine was one of those medical electrode thingies. I didnt need a prescription for it when I bought it, but eBay claims it does. Strange.

6. Melos

Melos Registered Member

I have had one auction pulled for supposedly "fee avoidance." It was explained to me that my starting bid was too low and my shipping too high. I was selling some ceramic vase which was heavy for 99 cents with a shipping charge of $8.00 - to be shipped in a USPS flat rate box for $7.95 or whatever. Fee avoidance my left foot.

7. katharina

katharina Registered Member

:-o Wow, after some of the shipping rates I've seen, this is totally ludicrous for them to say this was too high!

8. katharina

Yes, I have... and recently. I didn't know rules have changed. I sold for years by not taking paypal but saying that I would take person to person payments on paypal. They did NOT like that this last time. :shake:

There *is* a reason for this. I work online and get my paychecks via paypal. To have a business account for auctions means that they'd be docking my weekly personal paychecks that have nothing to do with eBay. :( I know I could open another account, but really I don't think I should have to. Actually it riled me enough that I'm researching other actions.

9. Melos

Melos Registered Member

I have two PayPal accounts for just that reason. All my business stuff goes into the professional account and gets the fees taken out (grumble), but I have the other for my personal paychecks - no fees.

10. katharina

Grumble for sure, it's a royal pain considering it's all the same company and they're already charging for listing and for selling, for pictures, etc. Taking more fees for payment after already charging the closing cost fee feels like double dipping. :shake: