Ever got stuck in a elevator before??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Feb 16, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Quick question for everyone. Have any of you ever got stuck in an elevetor before? If so would you please explain your experience? If not and it happened to you how would you guys react??

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

No, but I was terrified of it happening when I was little. Still to this day, I always take the stairs when I'm on my own (I live on the sixth floor here at university and everyone thinks I'm mad not to use the elevator haha).

I'm a little claustrophobic but that's not what scares me about being stuck in a lift. It's the thought of it malfuctioning and dropping down to the ground from a high floor. I know, I know.. it's not going to happen. I'm rational enough to still happily use them when with others.

(@ Imp: I'm paranoid checking threads now today. luckily this one was last done over a yr ago)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  3. devnthc

devnthc Registered Member

I am still kind of terrified of this actually. Especially after watching the movie Speed, actually.

4. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have once and it was only for 10 minutes, I was scaring my mate by shaking the elevator as it was going up, then it just stopped and woudent move, turns out the elevator was out of line of something cant remember what, and they had to re-adjust it before it would move again lol.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

There's another movie that makes me scared of being trapped in an elevator but I forgot the title. It's when they're trying to get out and when the other person was halfway out, the elevator moved, ripping the person in two (his other half down with the elevator). Gross.

I haven't been trapped in an elevator and I hope it won't happen because I'm claustrophobic.

6. Danno

Danno Registered Member

I get trapped in the elevator at work a least 3 times a week. Call me mental, but i am starting to think it is broken?

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Only once, and it was for 5 minutes. Thank God the electricity didn't go out because staying in the elevator with no light, feels like your breath is taken away.
    Plus, the celphones don't work while in elevator so there's no one you can call and nothing you can do. The emergency keys don't work [at least in my elevator ].
    Can you imagine how it feels?

8. Danno

Danno Registered Member

On the bright side I guess that you are essentially getting paid to stand in a elevator.

9. devnthc

devnthc Registered Member

I actually don't remember that... I thought everyone got out safely :p.

I was watching Urban Legends or something like that on TV the other day and one of the stories (probably was untrue) was an elderly lady pressed the button for the elevator and when the door opened she walked in, but there was no elevator and she just fell. Another guy did the same thing and fell on top of her but they somehow both lived. It was a huge drop so I really think that one was a fake (the show asks which one you think actually happened).

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

No I've never been stuck in an elevator. If I were to be stuck in one I think I would freak the hell out. I'm not usually scared of elevators, but the thought of being stuck and not being able to get out would scare the hell outta me.