• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ever Googled your user name?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I did and really didn't expect to get anything except maybe a link to GF. However I found out there is a grocery store chain with that name, a doctor and a web address that uses that name, a car dealership. None of which have anything to do with me.

How about you?

Taliesin

Registered Member
I got these links on the first page of Google.

The Ephemera Society which, in their own words, "is a non-profit body concerned with the collection, conservation, study and educational uses of handwritten and printed ephemera."

A page on eBay with a listing of printed ephemera for sale.

Another one with buttons, magnets and stickers for sale.

And the coolest one is a page of images. Just click on "Images for ephemera" when you do a Google search and you'll see what I mean.

Other than that, most of the links were to definitions of the word:

ephemera
noun
1. things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time.
Yup, that pretty much sounds like me.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, I never realized your user name meant anything. I thought it was a made up word, shows how much I know.

I never Googled a image for my name. Was almost afraid to look but I did and got a bunch of vehicles and shoes, two things I really like.

I Googled yours and saw a pretty Ephemera flower and lots of cards.

danwiz

Registered Member
WOW! There is some guy that uses the same username as I do - of course he is not here on GF, but most of his stuff comes up when I Google danwiz. There is also somebody Max-Dan-Wiz who comes up - seems to be some kind of gamer's paradise or something.

If, however, I Google danwiz.com everything on the first page is me!! The 2nd page comes up with a lot of Max-Dan-Wiz references and one thing that says my site name is worth $56.

Yes, Hilander, it's interesting!

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
Wow, I never realized your user name meant anything. I thought it was a made up word, shows how much I know.
I never even knew of the word myself until I resolved to dream up a new username for myself. I flicked through a dictionary, and this was the fourth or fifth contender in a little list I made for myself. The meaning is what made me eventually choose this over the others.

I never Googled a image for my name. Was almost afraid to look but I did and got a bunch of vehicles and shoes, two things I really like.
Score! :D

I Googled yours and saw a pretty Ephemera flower and lots of cards.
There's a couple on that page. I liked this one best. It appeals to the artist in me. :)

WOW! There is some guy that uses the same username as I do - of course he is not here on GF, but most of his stuff comes up when I Google danwiz. There is also somebody Max-Dan-Wiz who comes up - seems to be some kind of gamer's paradise or something.

If, however, I Google danwiz.com everything on the first page is me!! The 2nd page comes up with a lot of Max-Dan-Wiz references and one thing that says my site name is worth $56.

Yes, Hilander, it's interesting!
It's really surprising what does and doesn't come up depending on your search criteria, isn't it. I tried "ephemera" and "forum", and I got nothing about me. It was all listings of other forums where the word ephemera crops up from time to time. Nothing more.