Even Tony Hawk can't bring his board on a plane!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Nightsurfer, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

[​IMG]

I was reading this article on Skaters Cafe and thought that you all might like to read this one.

Here's a recent article from The New York Time's Business section. Tony Hawk talks about his ''frequent flying'' status, and how even HE can't get a board pass security. Funny thing is, he usually just throws it in the trash can at the airport...so if ya time his flight right, you just might be able to snag his board for FREE!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/10/business/10flier.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

It's no joke, I had to have my wife take one of my boards home cause they wouldn't let me take it on the plane, I sure as hell wasn't going to throw my board in the trash. So I had my wife come back and pick up my board (good thing we live so close to the airport)

I would love to be at an airport the same time Tony is..I would love to get another board from him.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Tony Hawk doesn't have his own private jet?

I can see not allowing them on planes if they take up too much room in the overhead compartments. Hopefully they don't see them as a security threat.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Believe it or not they do see it as a security issue, plus the size and shape is odd and doesn't fit all to well in the O.H.C or under the seat.

There was a case a few years back where a skater almost beat a guy to death with his board at an airport.

But they use the security issue just so they don't have to argue with you.

You can argue till you are blue in the face and they will not let you take a board as carry on luggage on a plane. It just ain't going to happen.

Best thing you can do is take your board apart and put it with your luggage.

No Hawk doesn't own or want his own jet. Rather spend his money on Cool toys for him and his kids.