Evel Knievel

maledoro

Strange Visitor
The greatest stuntman ever, Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel, died yesterday at age 69.

Some of you may be too young to remember him, but he was a hero to me when I was a kid and he has been recognized as being a pioneer of today's extreme sports. I liked the reference made to him in Armageddon:
AJ: Have you heard of Evel Knievel?
Lev: No, I never saw Star Wars.
Here is a fanmade collection of his most famous stunts, ending with his famous (and failed) stunt, the jump over the Snake River Canyon in a rocket-powered motorcycle.

For those of you who are not too familair with him, here is a good article on his life and stunts. That guy was years ahead of his time.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I posted this already but yeah. He had an action packed live and I'm sure he wouldn't have traded all his stunt work for a few more years when it came down to it. :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm actually kinda shocked he made it to 69, he was in a ton of pain near the end of his life from all of the broken bones, arthritis, and so on.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
I'm actually kinda shocked he made it to 69, he was in a ton of pain near the end of his life from all of the broken bones, arthritis, and so on.
Not to mention that he was suffering from hepatitis C, that might have been brought on by a blood transfusion he had 20 years before. He was a tough guy to the end.