• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Evanescence Fans?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who here likes Evanescence? I think I started a thread or two about them in the past but I thought I'd start a fresh one instead of necroposting.

So, do you like them? For some reason I really like their sound. I can't explain why because I don't generally like "goth" sounding music. I guess they are kind of cross genre though.

My favorite song of theirs has been in my profile for several months. If I had to pick which of their two albums I liked better it would be difficult. Both have a different sound and I listen to them both equally for the most part.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lol... tsk tsk. Seriously though why don't you like them? Do you like other similar music or does that sound not do much for you in general?

PentaCube

Registered Member
It's not that I don't like them, but after hearing Amy Lee try and perform live it ruined the whole band for me. The biggest reason however is they lost Ben Moody, and from what it sounds like it was because of Lee and him not seeing eye to eye.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah she is terrible live. She can't hit the right range in concert. That's the problem with bands that overproduce their albums. They can't hit the notes in real life so their concerts are let downs.

Wednesday

Registered Member
<<big fan.

Love all there songs..but love every bodies fool

wolfheart

Registered Member
I have not really heard a lot of there stuff,what i have heard i have liked though.
Im pretty sure that the ex has there albums so i will have to have a listen when i get the chance.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I can't stand them. I have a hard time liking groups when the lead vocalist is a female.

BigBob

Registered Member
I like Evanescence, and a band that you may also like Hybrix is Flyleaf. They are similar in sound.

I loved when she did that song Broken with Seether too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sophia NFL 11
thealigator Wrestling 9
mint_lowbatt Music 2
Pugz Music 7
Mirage Music 3