• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Evan Turner signs with the Celtics

Rick2583

Its true that he can be used at the 2 or 3 but the C's just resigned Bradley. IMO I think Ainge only got him to use as part of a package. Perhaps to get someone like Love. Rondo, Turner & a draft pick wouldn't be a bad move for either side. JMO.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Not a big signing tbh. Evan Turner isn't good.

@chisportsguy41: In three of his four years in the NBA, Evan Turner has finished with negative offensive win shares. The other year he was at 0.0.

There's an interesting stat. As for that Rondo and Turner for Love idea:

1. Why would you trade Rondo to get Love? Wouldn't it make more sense to trade Smart and Young and others for Love to get the Rondo and Love combo, considering Love probably wouldn't re-sign if Rondo's gone?

2. Why would either side want that? Both are free agents next summer and Rondo wouldn't want to stay in Minnesota. Love, as I already said, would leave the Celtics if Rondo wasn't there.

And, I doubt Turner would be packaged in a trade for someone like Love, considering Turner has little to no trade value anymore.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Rick2583 said:
Its true that he can be used at the 2 or 3 but the C's just resigned Bradley. IMO I think Ainge only got him to use as part of a package. Perhaps to get someone like Love. Rondo, Turner & a draft pick wouldn't be a bad move for either side. JMO.
The real problem is that none of those guys other than Rondo are starting caliber right now. Bradley is a borderline starter, and it remains to be seen whether Smart will be able to play right away. Turner hasn't been good since he was drafted, but it seems like he might be signed to a small contract that might be worth the gamble.