TV Eurovision 2009

Bananas

Endangered Species
Yes folks it is that time of year again for the spectacle of camp, the strangely bizarre and ludicrously cheesy Eurovision song contest. You can guarantee one thing; rubbish but annoyingly catchy music sung by equally annoying ridiculously beautiful people.

It is being held in Moscow and this year they have revamped the voting system to try and do away with the political voting that makes a mockery of the competitiveness. For British viewers they have also done away with Sir Terry and his drunken ramblings and installed Graham Noton as commentator instead:(.

Here is what you can expect to see: There are 25 countries participating in total, I really cant be arsed to traul through them all so here is a taster.

Norway - are pre-show favourites, personally I dont get it:-/
YouTube - Eurovision 2009 Norway finals winner Alexander Rybak & FRIKAR dance company

Turkey - One for the boys!:shocking::hearts:
YouTube - Hadise - Düm Tek Tek (Eurovision 2009 Turkey) hadise

Greece - One for the girls!:dunno:
YouTube - Eurovision 2009 Greece - Sakis Rouvas- This is our night - LIVE - HQ+STEREO

Moldova - One for the kids! wtf!!!!!!!:chairfall:
YouTube - Nelly Ciobanu - Hora din Moldova (Eurovision 2009 Moldova)

Denmark - One for Granny:canthear:
YouTube - Eurovision 2009 Denmark - Brinck - Believe Again

Sweden - One for Grand-dad:jawdrop:
YouTube - Eurovision 2009 Semi-Final Sweden Malena Ernman - La Voix HD Live

Finland- Blood Hound Gang Popalikes:disbelief:
YouTube - Waldo's People - Lose Control (Eurovision 2009 Finland)

Germany - Shame on you
YouTube - Eurovision 2009: Germany - Alex C feat Oscar Loya - Miss Kiss Kiss Bang (Echo Awards)

Malta - Booooooooooooooooooooring!!!!:zz:
YouTube - Chiara - What if we? (Winner of Go Maltasong 2009 - Malta Eurovision 2009)

Ukraine - Best Dance routine EVER:bolt:
YouTube - Eurovision 2009 Ukraine -Svetlana Loboda - Be my Valentine LIVE - HQ - Stereo

UK - Why are we taking it so seriously?
YouTube - Jade - It's My Time - UK Entry for Eurovision Song Contest 2009 - BBC One

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Yay, we get to watch Britain lose again despite Andrew's attempts to butter up the other countries.

It will happen, I guarantee it.

As for the new voting system, it looks interesting, but I'm wondering if it will actually work as intended. Only reason we have the popular voting system at all is because they got rid of the judges to try and prevent political voting/judging, and did that work? Like fuck it did.

Eurovision makes me cringe. I only ever half-watched it 'cos of Terry Wogan's 'drunken ramblings' so now he has gone I won't bother :lol: Wow some of those videos are... interesting. :/

Bananas

Endangered Species
Rebeccaaa; said:
Eurovision makes me cringe. I only ever half-watched it 'cos of Terry Wogan's 'drunken ramblings' so now he has gone I won't bother :lol: Wow some of those videos are... interesting. :/
Im the same, it would be on in the background, so I could laugh at Terry's commentary. Graham Norton irritates me usually but I have a feeling he might do well at this, depends if he does his formal presenter type or his brutally honest smutty comedian. Assuming he takes on where Terry left off I hope it will be the latter.

Storm; said:
As for the new voting system, it looks interesting, but I'm wondering if it will actually work as intended. Only reason we have the popular voting system at all is because they got rid of the judges to try and prevent political voting/judging, and did that work? Like fuck it did.
Im undecided with the voting whatever there intentions are however much the bias and political voting gets. Eurovision would not be the enormous calamity it is with out it. If people voted properly and the musicial talents were taken seriously would it be just another Pop-Factor-Idol thingy. I always think the voting gives a nice reflection on European affairs, who is buddy with who and why. For example. the UK used to always get a strong vote from Malta, but since joing the EU the voting by them has subsided as they nolonger rely on British dependency. Whilst France and the UK never used to vote for one another, now it is a sort of acquiescent nod of a few points to one another from across the channel.

Screw the music, thats just a by product to the voting system that is probably one of the biggest surveys in the world to understand political affairs and demographics.

I really don't like the uk entry this year most of the other countries don't take it so seriously and get a lot furthur than us. Even if the voting system is better I still don't think the uk has a hope in hell of winning tbh.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Was it last night or this weekend?

From those videos, I liked Turkey, Finland (liked the sound but needs better stage presence), and UK (I like her voice). I don't even know how France is represented.

The last time I watched Eurovision, it was 2004...meh. And I disliked the whole politic involved in the voting.

PS. your video comments were funny

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Oh wow, they put her? But she's already a big star here for decades, haha. Normally we submit unknown people. I like her bluesy song, Mon Mec a Moi or Mademoiselle chant le blues...

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I have some doubts that the woman who sang 'Be My Valentine' was actually singing; the voice over near the end of the song was hers and i always find it hard to believe that when a singer dances as vigorously as her backing dancers that they can sing so smoothly.

I missed the first 17 entries, but the ones i've seen have been quite upbeat...ours is boring.

We've got no chance.