• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Futbol/Soccer Euro 2012 Quarterfinals Prediction (groups C & D)

Pick two teams from each group!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Out of 16 teams, 8 will reach the quarterfinals which starts on June 21. Let's try to predict these 8 teams. Pick two teams per group (A, B, C, D). I'll close the poll on the 12th of June, after the first round of matches for all four groups, so try to make your picks before that day to make your vote count. We'll see how our prediction will fare with the actual quarterfinalists of the Euro 2012.

For actual discussion of the matches, refer to our main Euro 2012 thread. This is mostly our prediction thread (it's success/failure).

READY? :bolt:

Note: Since the max number of poll options is 10, we have two threads for the poll.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Spain & Italy from Group C - Will be a very tough group but I am confident.
France & Ukraine from Group D - Sorry England, too many injuries and unexperienced players.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Home advantage or not, i just don't think Ukraine are a strong enough team to make it out of their group. I'm not convinced they'd have made it to the competition if they had to qualify. So i'm going with England and France for group D.

I can see Italy having a France in South Africa style meltdown for this tournament. Even though during the last match fixing scandal they had amazing success, they've also got poor recent form to contend with this time. Possibly with a hint of national bias, i'm going for Spain and Ireland to make it out of Group C. In Trapattoni we trust!! :D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I went with the big names in this group. Italy and Spain and France and England.

Might not turn out that way but that's where I'm going with it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Well i'm afraid you're all wrong. This crazy indonesian man who claims to be pshychic, wears tin foil hats, and has correctly predicted the last two Euro tournaments (one of which was Greece) has predicted that ireland will WIN the tournament!!

Asian Nostradamus Predicts Irish Euro Glory | Póg Mo Goal

......foolproof!!! :p
Wouldn't put it past them!

Only if Paul was alive! (Not sure if that's the octopus' name actually, been so long!)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Oh dumdum, I forgot to vote before the poll ended. :lol:

Either way, our group prediction is as follows:

Group C

1. Spain
2. Italy

Group D

1. France
2. England

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Spain needs to beat Croatia to secure the Quarters spot because if Italy wins, they are out. Same applies to Croatia really.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
We got Spain and Italy right. Please, let's get France and England right too. :D