• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Futbol/Soccer Euro 2012 Quarterfinals Prediction (groups A & B)

Pick two teams from each group!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Out of 16 teams, 8 will reach the quarterfinals which starts on June 21. Let's try to predict these 8 teams. Pick two teams per group (A, B, C, D). I'll close the poll on the 12th of June, after the first round of matches for all four groups, so try to make your picks before that day to make your vote count. We'll see how our prediction will fare with the actual quarterfinalists of the Euro 2012.

For actual discussion of the matches, refer to our main Euro 2012 thread. This is mostly our prediction thread (it's success/failure).

READY? :bolt:

Note: Since the max number of poll options is 10, we'll have two threads for the poll.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Russia and Poland from Group A. I pressed submit before even voting for group B but I'll make it official in this post.

Germany and Netherlands

wooly

I am the woolrus
Same as Aleks.

My overall prediction is that Germany and Netherlands will also be the two teams that meet in the final, but that's a pretty long shot at this stage!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
So far, Russia is leading with 3 points while Greece and Poland are a point apiece.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm picking Greece, Russia, Netherlands and Germany. Maybe I should wait til the matches tonight because I'm torn between Portugal and Germany but oh wells...let's see if the guess will be ok haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like I jumped the gun with my Czech Republic pick. For some reason I just thought they would be stronger than Russia this year, but I sure as hell was wrong early on. Oh well, there's still a few round robin games left to be played. Anything can happen in that time.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
So our final group prediction:

Group A

1. Russia
2. Greece

Group B

1; Netherlands
2. Germany

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
What a turn around. Czech and Greece made it from Group A and Germany and Portugal made it from Group B.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
We are 2 over 4 in our prediction. Who'd have thought Netherlands would be eliminated? I haven't checked but anyone knows why did Greece made it over Russia if they have the same points in the end? Is it because Greece beat Russia when they played against each other? Or which statistics counted next to the win/draw points?