Euro 2012 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by Danno, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Danno

Danno Registered Member

England 4-1 Bulgaria
    Switzerland 1-3 England

So a solid start to a group we should easily qualify from. Good to see Cappello mixing and matching and rotating the squad a little. Adam Johnson has been a breath of fresh air, and in my opinion, so is Frank Lampard's absence.

I'm glad Bolton's own Gary Cahill got to make an appearance at Wembley, but was disappointed to see Lescott and Jagielka get the nod ahead of him for the Switzerland game.

No biased intended but Gary Cahill is a much better defender than either of them. He is seriously under-rated.

Next fixtures, what are your predictions?

EURO 2012 Qualifier - Tuesday 12/10/2010 - Wembley Stadium

England v Montenegro

International Friendly - Wednesday 17/11/2010 - Wembley Stadium

England v France

Despite Montenegro getting off to a flying start I think we can break the wind in their sails. And the way things are going with the French team off the pitch, we could use this to send a message to the rest of Europe that we mean business against the big names in Europe.

2. JodieB

JodieB Registered Member

3. konboye

konboye Registered Member

He is not serious. If he wins Euro 2012 he will want to continue. Do you know how glam his job is, its just addictive. Ask Fergie.

4. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

i didnt watch any of them, got a bit disheartened after the world cup:lol: But i heard Darren Bent scored.. what was your opinion of him?

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I laughed when I saw that France lost to Belarus in their first game.

Portugal are off to a slow start again. 4-4 against Cyprus, and then 0-1 to Norway.

6. konboye

konboye Registered Member

I couldn't believe Capello left him outta the WC team, Walcott I understood but Bent, he score 26 in the league and Capello just didn't get it. It seems Capello is biased. Still is if you ask me.

7. Danno

Danno Registered Member

He plays for Sunderland so..shit really :p

No seriously I like Darren Bent, great striker.

What do you guys think of Mikel Arteta maybe getting in the England squad? Is it wrong? Would he even get in the team?

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

A statement was made by FIFA that Arteta can't play for England even though he has their passport because he has already represented Spain in a competition and that in in 21s. I am not sure if this is only English rules because there are many players that have represented their home countries before going to another country.

Neven Subotic comes to mind because he represented USA in youth level before going to Serbia for senior level.

9. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

Oi!!!:rolleyes:,, yes he is and should have been at the world cup and would have at least given more effort than rooney:shifteyes::nod:

Im a bit old fashioned in i think a player should be absolutely desperate and honoured to play for his country,, not oh i might consider playing for England if they ask,, we have too many individual players as it is:stare:

10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I share the same beliefs as you do because I know that I would love to represent either Australia or Serbia in national football. But it's football, a player would do anything to play at big stage.