Ethics In Behavior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabs, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

This is all hypothetical.

What would you do if, in real life, you:

Ding another car with the grocery cart??

Find out that your best friend's husband/wife is cheating on her/him??

Learn that your boss gave the promotion to another, and not you, due to the fact that there is certain data he/she has which might be incriminating??

Actually see someone shoplifting??

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

As I'm only responsible for my own karma and/or actions, I would take no action in any of the above situations. As far as the grocery cart ding, Michigan is a no-fault insurance state so it's irrelevant who caused the damage.

3. kitchendame

kitchendame Registered Member

Ding another car with the grocery cart??

Find out that your best friend's husband/wife is cheating on her/him??

Learn that your boss gave the promotion to another, and not you, due to the fact that there is certain data he/she has which might be incriminating??

Actually see someone shoplifting??

--I would:
    Leave a note (and actually have so I know I would do that) leaving my name and number.

Go the the husband/wife and give them a time limit to tell the spouse, or I would (don't mess with my best friend).

Shake my head and mutter, "It figures."

Go up behind them (this is another thing I have actually done) and say, in a loud friendly voice, "Watcha doin'?"

4. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

~LoL~
    Kitchendame......I like the answer you gave to the last question....good thinking!

5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Leave contact info and hope it isn't followed up on.

I already know this. He's also been cheating on her. I'll leave them to it.

If I understand the question right, I'd be grateful.

That would depend on the value of the items in question. If someone's walking out of a store with $100 in stolen swag, you'd better believe I'm getting involved. Pilferage of that magnitude affects my product cost! If it's a banana or an apple, on the other hand, do your thing. I've got bigger fish to fry.

6. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

#1. Makes sure nobody saw me and if they didn't, walk away.

#2. Tell them, I have a serious problem with that kinda shit.

#3. Act cool about it, attempt to manipulate the person into thinking I'm their friend so I can get the information and then bring my boss down.

#4. Nothing.

Jeanie likes this.
  7. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I'd have to say I wouldn't do anything either if I saw somebody shoplifting~
    It's none of my business and who knows, the shoplifter that wants something that bad, might have a knife or a gun, and I don't want to be on the receiving end of that~