• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ESPN 30 for 30

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Anyone else catch Part 1 of the five-part series on OJ Simpson? It documented his rise to stardom as well as racial tensions in America. Good stuff so far. Looks like Part 2 will start his downfall. Looking forward to it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone else catch Part 1 of the five-part series on OJ Simpson? It documented his rise to stardom as well as racial tensions in America. Good stuff so far. Looks like Part 2 will start his downfall. Looking forward to it.
Finally watched it last night. I thought the first part lived up to the hype. Lots of good stuff on how OJ crafted his image from early on.

And just how good he was. And how popular he really was. I knew he was both, but not to that extent.

I liked how they didn't even discuss the murders and trial in the first two hours. A great look at OJ and his place in the turbulent 60s.

Looking forward to the rest of them.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Man, watching Part 2 makes you realize just how much of a scumbag OJ really was. He obviously thought of himself as a god, that he was better than everyone else, and that he could always have his way. That's what money and fame often does to people.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Riveting television. And apparently, the first few minutes of part 3 are not for the faint of heart.

Also, wanted to add, I wanted to slap that smug look he had on his face when he was being interviewed by ESPN.

Your thoughts are spot on @Major

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Part 3 was absolutely riveting. The one SWAT guy is a riot. On the people lining the overpasses to support OJ during the chase: "What a bunch of losers." On OJ's family eating dinner during the chase: "They were....DINING!" That guy is fantastic.

Hearing the recordings between the negotiators and OJ (during the chase, and also inside the Bronco at Rockingham after the chase) was unreal. Never heard that before.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Part 3 was absolutely riveting. The one SWAT guy is a riot. On the people lining the overpasses to support OJ during the chase: "What a bunch of losers." On OJ's family eating dinner during the chase: "They were....DINING!" That guy is fantastic
Agreed, he's been pretty awesome, and I agree with him that those people were losers. Makes you wonder if any of those OJ supporters who appear in the documentary are watching it with embarrassment.

And it's kind of shocking to me how OJ's defense team got away with altering the decor of his home to appeal to black jurors. How is that not tampering with evidence? Seems like it kind of undermines the integrity of the judicial system to so blatantly use deception as a means for gaining an advantage.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Finished up the OJ series last night. Really sad what he became even after he was given a second chance. His ego and his love of fame really drove him to a dark place. It's a classic tale that our celebrity-obsessed society has seen over and over again.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The next one will be on Bruce Lee - June 7th. It’s sucks because I do not get ESPN, so I’m hoping it will be on Netflix the next day like they did with The Last Dance. Or someone uploads the doc on YouTube. I really want to see it because I have always been in awe of Lee.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
A Lee 30 for 30 should be really cool. I’m looking forward to that.