• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ESPN 30 for 30

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't seen that one either, and unfortunately it's not in the first volume. Here are the ones that are on there:

Kings Ransom
The Band that wouldn't Die
Small Potatoes
Muhammad and Larry
Without Bias
The Legend of Jimmy the Greek
The U
Winning Time
Guru of Go
No Crossover
Silly Little Game
Run Ricky Run
The 16th Man
Straight Outta of LA
June 17th, 1994

I'll definitely keep you guys updated on the ones I enjoyed.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've only seen five or six of those, actually. June 17th, 1994 was really good, and I really enjoyed the Band that wouldn't Die as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Finally had the chance to watch The U documentary and it was really good. Like it was said several times in the video, those guys had a chip on their shoulders and they talked a lot of thrash. They were a confident bunch, but they also backed it up on the field most of the time. I personally don't mind the celebrating they did, except when Hill ran down the tunnel against Texas. Other than that, I have no real complaints about them. But I can see why it is a turn-off for some people.

There were a lot of well coached teams in the 80s, they destroyed some teams and went on to win three National Championships, which is outstanding. It's incredible that they were able to do it with three different coaches.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Fall schedule announced - ESPN Films Announces Fall Schedule for 30 for 30 Vol. II ESPN MediaZone

Tuesday, Oct. 2, 8 p.m. – Broke (Billy Corben)
Tuesday, Oct. 9, 8 p.m. – 9.79* (Daniel Gordon)
Tuesday, Oct. 16, 8 pm. – There’s No Place Like Home (Maura Mandt and Josh Swade)
Tuesday, Oct. 23, 8 p.m. – Benji (Coodie and Chike)
Tuesday, Oct. 30, 8 p.m. – Ghosts of Ole Miss (Fritz Mitchell)
Saturday, Dec. 8, 9 p.m. – You Don’t Know Bo (Michael Bonfiglio)
I'm really looking forward to the one about Ben Johnson and Bo Jackson. Those two will definitely be spectacular since they're have great stories to tell.

BigBob

Registered Member
For anyone with Netflix, I think all of the 30 for 30's that have been released up to this point have been put up for your Instant Queue.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched the 30on30 on Bo Jackson, and it was definitely one of my favorites. It was amazing to hear some urban legends regarding Bo Jackson.

Like it's been said many times, one of the best athletes of all-time. He was just great at everything he did. I wish I saw him play during his prime. He had such an amazing swing, arm, and he was so fast.

Just God given talent. Such a shame that he suffered that hip injury.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There's a 30 for 30 premiering on Saturday night about Maurice Clarett and Jim Tressel called Youngstown Boys. I heard rumors that they might do a 30 for 30 about them a year or two ago, so I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There's a 30 for 30 premiering on Saturday night about Maurice Clarett and Jim Tressel called Youngstown Boys. I heard rumors that they might do a 30 for 30 about them a year or two ago, so I've been looking forward to this one for a while.
I saw the commercial for that the other day and it really interested me. I would like to see it although I may not be able to this Saturday night.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
ESPN developing 30 For 30 documentary on the XFL

Hopefully enough time has passed that the XFL has become akin to any number of bad wrestler gimmicks the WWE is willing to poke fun at itself about.

Plus, there are some legitimate lasting legacies of that league. It's where the spider cam made its debut.