• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ESPN 30 for 30

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Fab Five premiers next Sunday. It isn't an official 30 for 30, but it's another ESPN Film, so it'll be the same sort of thing. I think it'll be pretty awesome. I can't wait.

BigBob

Registered Member
It definitely looks like it'll be a good one. Those were some great ball players and to do it all as freshman, that's very, very rare.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw a Beyond the Glory on the Fab Five and it was fantastic. Hopefully they'll release this one here. I've always found them fascinating, they were a great team led by Rose and Webber and Howard.

Speaking of 30 on 30. The've released a box set and I'll be getting them in a few months. I want to try and get them all, since I haven't seen 50% of them unfortunately. I can wait to make the purchase.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Fab Five premiers next Sunday. It isn't an official 30 for 30, but it's another ESPN Film, so it'll be the same sort of thing. I think it'll be pretty awesome. I can't wait.
So they finally showed this documentary last night in my area and it was fantastic. It was two hours long, and it talked about everything. Showed a lot of clips of practices, them in high School, College Games, trip to Europe, talked about the sanctions against Michigan. The only thing that I wish that happened was Chris Webber talking, he was the only member of the Fab Five not to talk in this documentary.

Also the Fab Five had so much hatred towards Duke. Wow!

I recommend this to anyone, especially you Echoes if you haven't seen it yet.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Oh I saw it already. I agree, it was amazing even though I hate their team and don't really respect what they stood for.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I got the first volume of 30 on 30, it consist the first 15 documentaries. I've seen a few of them, but I enjoyed them so I don't mind watching them over again. I'm really excited to see the one about Miami University, and the Wayne Gretzky one.

BigBob

Registered Member
I got the first volume of 30 on 30, it consist the first 15 documentaries. I've seen a few of them, but I enjoyed them so I don't mind watching them over again. I'm really excited to see the one about Miami University, and the Wayne Gretzky one.
You haven't seen the Miami one yet? I thought you did? I'd say that's one of, if not the best one that they have.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have not! The airing of 30 on 30 is very limited here in my area, so I only seen a select few unfortunately. But I keep earing what you're preaching and I have a general idea of what this documentary consist of, so I'm excited to watch it. Probably going to watch it tomorrow.

BigBob

Registered Member
I have not! The airing of 30 on 30 is very limited here in my area, so I only seen a select few unfortunately. But I keep earing what you're preaching and I have a general idea of what this documentary consist of, so I'm excited to watch it. Probably going to watch it tomorrow.
Have you gotten to see "The Best That Never Was" yet? The one about Dupree, a running back from Oklahoma. That one is up there with "The U".

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
"The U" and "The Best That Never Was" were definitely two of my favorites. I'm jealous that you got the set, BR. You'll have to let us know which ones you enjoy watching.