Erm...how to put this...

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Erm...alright...erm....ok.

I've got shareaza, which i use to download music but it's pretty useless so...i wanna know what the best and safest programme to use to download music, amv etc but is also good quality.

I've got my eye on one on turrentspy.com is that any good?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I use Azureus and it's pretty good. The site I use to find torrents is ISOhunt.com. Not a bad combination.

Generally speaking, most torrent sites you have to sign up for (and sign in to use) are pretty safe... uTorrent is a great torrent client which nearly all sites accept. OiNK is a good site if you can get a refer code, isoHunt is a good portal site (although be careful cause it's public), and there are plenty others if you look around.

I

IntheNet

Pugz said:
I've got shareaza, which i use to download music but it's pretty useless so...i wanna know what the best and safest programme to use to download music, amv etc but is also good quality...
Apple iTunes is what I use... nice, legal, and Apple's library is one of the largest and most comprehensive on the internet. I can download from their audio and video library and currently Apple has a fairly decent collection of television shows... price is pretty cheap for most of the content. I would envision that with faster connection lines, the time will not be too far away when full-size current release movies will be available from iTunes for rent or purchase via download; thus dealing a death-sentence to Blockbuster and other movie rental outlets.

I know that there are myriad bit torrent software programs that scour the internet for audio and video files for free downloading, but there is some inherent danger in so doing, as both audio and video files (.mp3 and .mpeg along with other types) can be coded with all sorts of data strings in addition to the audio and video content... these data files can actually be harmful to your computer and may interfere with computers or audio/video files. The Wall Street Journal had an article on the types of dangers in free downloading, besides the rather obvious legal issue.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Yeah...not into 'legal' God boy and i won't pay to download stuff --_--

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
IntheNet said:
I know that there are myriad bit torrent software programs that scour the internet for audio and video files for free downloading, but there is some inherent danger in so doing, as both audio and video files (.mp3 and .mpeg along with other types) can be coded with all sorts of data strings in addition to the audio and video content... these data files can actually be harmful to your computer and may interfere with computers or audio/video files. The Wall Street Journal had an article on the types of dangers in free downloading, besides the rather obvious legal issue.
If you know what you're doing, there's usually no harm in it. A fair amount of questionable content is easy to notice. If you go to download something, say a 4 minute song and the file size is 400kb, then yeah, it's a trap.

I do buy CDs on occasion, but I hate buying a CD for only one or two tracks, it's a waste. I know iTunes is a good alternative to buying a whole CD, but I can't stand Apple products. iTunes always gives my laptop problems, I only have it to update my nano. I prefer WinAMP anyways.

both audio and video files (.mp3 and .mpeg along with other types) can be coded with all sorts of data strings in addition to the audio and video content... these data files can actually be harmful to your computer and may interfere with computers or audio/video files.
I really can't imagine how this would be the case... the danger is if you think you're downloading a .mp3, but it's actually a .mp3.exe or something like that which is designed to trick you, OR if you download any archive format (.zip, .rar) then it's possible that it will have files in it that aren't the .mp3s that you're expecting or whatever... THESE files can be harmful... I think it's very unlikely (perhaps even impossible) for a real .mp3 file to be able to run any harmful scripts.

Psh, limewire would be a lot better if it had better quality control, better uploads (full albums would be nice instead of single songs), and fewer viruses. BitTorrent wins all.