• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Erik Karlsson to be traded?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thought this deserved its own thread. Rumours are that Karlsson is about to be traded. The team asked him to give management a list of team he does not to be traded to(he has a no trade clause). The Senators are truly awful and they want to go on a full rebuild and my thoughts are that Karlsson doesn’t want to go through a full rebuild so he won’t re-sign with the team and the Sens don’t want to lose him for nothing.

The Sens will definitely be asking for a lot in return. Should be interesting to see where he ends up.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Hmmmm. Interesting.

I'd love to see him on the Sharks or Leafs (although I have zero idea what teams make the most sense and which ones have enough to give up).

I'll definitely be following this story closely.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't know why but I got a feeling that Karlsson will be LA bound. I know that Karlsson & Doughty wanna play together and they're looking to bring in John Tavares in the offseason to form a superteam ala Miami Heat with LeBron, Bosh & Wade a few years ago.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was thinking L.A, too. However, would they be able to both re-sign Doughty and Karlsson when the time comes? Both will be asking for $10M+/season. I know the cap will be going up in the next two seasons’, but I just have a hard time seeing it.

Here are the Kings’ cap situation:

Los Angeles Kings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps