• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Erik Karlsson is tired of being talked about like he's...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hoc ... s-some-god

I know this article is a few days old, but I still found it entertaining.

Funny how he cannot take the heat when he's struggling, but loves the high praise when he's "labeled" as the next Bobby Orr.

Probably misses his father figure Daniel Alfredsson to reduce the scrutiny he's getting by the media.

Live with it kid. You're playing hockey in Canada - you'll be under the microscope.

Sabby

Re: Erik Karlsson is tired of being talked about like he's..

Karlsson is an entitled little pansy. Yeah life is grand when you're on top. However its how you handle critcism dictates your character as a player

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.

Imagine if he actually played in a market where hockey fans actually cared about the sport. Ottawa is the worse Canadian market, I don't know why he's getting so pissed off. Maybe Spezza should call another close door meeting so they can talk about it as a team.

Sabby

Dickey's Flow said:
Imagine if he actually played in a market where hockey fans actually cared about the sport. Ottawa is the worse Canadian market, I don't know why he's getting so pissed off. Maybe Spezza should call another close door meeting so they can talk about it as a team.
I think you meant to write back door meeting

Crypticshock

Registered Member

Imagine...

If he was black...

Playing for the Montreal Canadiens...

One of the most critical media groups, two different languages you have to appease too and on top of it being a complete minority in the sport.

It wouldn't surprise me if PK played a game where he was the teams best player, scored two points but took a late penalty to eliminate the chance of pulling the goalie for a tie and then the people would just bash him in Montreal. Oh... wait. That did happen...

Karlsson is all offense but no defense. Just like it was disastrous for Tyler Myers to win the Calder, it was disastrous for Karlsson to be the D-man in the NHL during his rookie season. To be honest, I have no sympathy for that kind of player. Every NHL player comes to struggle once during their career; it's how they deal with adversity that defines those guys as players. Karlsson's acting like a wuss.