Eric Young

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Where the hell has Eric Young been the past two weeks? He's the Global Champion yet but he's virtually off of television. I didn't see him on Thursday and the only time we saw him on the Monday Impact was when Hogan got there and he was standing outside by the limo.

So what's the deal? Is he someone getting lost in the shuffle?

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah i was very disappointed not to see Eric Young on either of the past two iMPACTs. He is the global champion, which i guess is the equivalent to the IC Title, so he should at least appear every second show. I can't see Eric getting too badly lost in the shuffle though. Besides being the Global Champion he's the leader of the World Elite so he'll always have some part to play.

it would be nice to see more of him though. Even if he's not competing he could accompany the British Invasion to the ring, maybe go on commentary or something. Just little things to keep him on screen.

I think the Global Championship is suffering because of Eric Young's whole "not defending it against americans" thing. As much as i like Young, i think someone should beat him for the title, just to make it more actively defended.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Is the World Elite even a group still? I don't think I've heard them referenced as a stable since Hogan and Bischoff came on the scene.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Well they haven't broken up but yeah they haven't been featured at all recently. They'll still be around as long as Eric Young is Global Champion, because that's gimmick at the moment. Hating America along with the rest of the World Elite.

They should have members of the World Elite accompanying eachother to matches at least, just to let everyone know it still exists!

5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I was wondering that too, wasn't he TNA Legends champion?

World Elite is a potentially good group, it would suck to see it being disbanded.

6. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

looks like the world elite is finished...they werent really getting over anyways...

eric young is the next petey williams...

7. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I was bummed about Sheik Abdul Bashir getting canned...I think he's really underrated and should be a major player in the X-Division. I loved his finisher, a DDT in which he has the opponent on their knees first.

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Well after this week's iMPACT it seemed like Eric Young might be joining TNA's incarnation of the nWo. Kevin Nash and him teamed up and Kevin mentioned something about Young getting to know the band or something, i can't remember exactly.

Speaking of "The Band" Kevin Nash says he hates the new name. A lot of people have been saying if Eric Young does join then "New World Elite" would fit. I think that works pretty well! :p

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

It was hard to watch Eric Young job to the fat dudes on TNA, they're way past their prime, and they still have a clean win over Eric Young?

Bull friggin crap.

10. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I like "The Band" and "New World Elite." both would be great, as long as the group sticks around and recruits EY and a couple of new members! :cool: 4 Life.