Eric Mangini fired

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow, this is real surprising news. I don't think he did a bad job with the Jets this season. Yes they miss the playoffs, but he's still a good coach. With that being said, I am sure he'll find a job elsewhere.

3. Millz

I can only guess it came down to him and Favre not really seeing eye to eye and the team missing the playoffs. They had two winning seasons with him as the coach though...shocking news.

Someone tell the Rams to go hire him haha

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Mangini was not a bad coach, they should've at least kept him until the end of next season because IMO being one win away from the playoffs isn't worthy enough to be fired at the end of the season. Then again I did read on ESPN last night that Favre gets blasted about his game-playing afterwards.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

He was squabbling about all the paychecks on some of them because a few of them are high priced. They are actually looking at Cower to coach although he says he doesn't want to coach at all next season but he is in stationed in NY for the CBS show and will go listen to them.

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

this is no surprise. he hasn't lead them far in his years as coach and they need to do something to stop sucking so much. they're a joke, the islanders of the nfl.

7. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Wth man! No! We're waiting to hire Cowher or Schottenheimer. You more than anyone should know we do it big in STL.

But on topic. This doesn't surprise me all that much. They started out 8-3 and looked like a serious contender and choked. If they would have won yesterday I think he would have remained the head coach.

8. Millz

If Cowher won't take the head coaching job in Cleveland then he ain't coming here!

Rex Ryan makes the most sense for the Rams.

9. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I loled when I read Cowher didn't want the Browns job. But we gotta have a little bit of hope because we're terrible lol.

Rex Ryan eh? Sounds good to me actually. But I'm sure a lot of teams will be looking at him.

10. Millz

I dont think Cowher wants to coach right now...his life is good, why mess it up.

Yeah I'm sure there will be. I just hope Devaney makes the right choice.