Epic Speech

Wade8813

Registered Member
Friends, Romans, Countrymen; lend me your ears. Four score and seven years ago, I had a dream that there was nothing to fear, but fear itself.

For the past two weeks you have been reading about a bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

I regret that I have but one life to give for my country. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Wade8813

Registered Member
First line ripped off from Julius Caesar. The other lines sound familiar.
Lol - every line was ripped off.

Friends/Romans/Countrymen is from Ceasar. Four score and seven years ago is from Abe Lincoln. I had a dream was Martin Luther King. Nothing to fear but fear itself is FDR.

The second paragraph is Lou Gehrig's speech given to Yankee stadium while dying from ALS.

The third paragraph is Winston Churchill.

The last two are from the American Revolutionary war. Nathan Hale said he regretted only having one life to give, and Patrick Henry wrote "Give me liberty or give me death"

I tried to work in part of Jesus' sermon on the mount, but couldn't figure out how to.