• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Energy drink of choice?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
What is your favorite type of 'energy' drink?

I love Mountain Dew's new ones, especially since they're only 80 calories a can. If I didn't care about the super sugar overload, cherry Amp is my favorite.

You?

Also, only people who drink them need apply! ;)

danwiz

Registered Member
Mine is "Pocari Sweat", which is one of the more popular ones here in Japan. I don't know if it's truly what you'd call an energy drink though, it's more for keeping your electrolytes properly balanced while exercising, mountain climbing, hiking, etc. It's got a pretty good taste and minimal sugars.

It's called an "Ion Supply Drink" - I just checked the package and that's what it says. It comes in bottles, cans and as powder that you can just mix with a liter of water. I mostly make my own from the powder as it's a heck of a lot cheaper that way.

Millie

Registered Member
Redbull. I love the cranberry one. It's the newest flavor and smells like a strawberry jam. tasted more like carbonated Ocean Spray cranberry juice than the tangy and sour raw cranberry juice that is so popular with health food enthusiasts.

Alph0x

Registered Member
Monster Absolute Zero or Monster Ultra Zero. I usually tend to lean towards the Ultra Zero, but they are both pretty tasty. I really need to put the crack in a can down, though.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm a Monster man myself. Just the regular green ones. I find I like the taste, and when I need a boost of energy, they really come through.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I also wanted to mention 5 Hour Energy.

I love them because I feel awake and not shaky.

Alph0x

Registered Member
I agree about 5 Hour. Those are reserved for when I am REALLY dragging because they'll wake me up. Energy drinks like Monster just keep me from falling asleep, or possibly give me a little boost, but 5 Hour actually gives me energy to move around and get stuff done.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've been taking a 5 Hour about an hour before my workouts and they make a huge difference. Even if it's just a placebo effect I'm loving the results.