End of the World/Religious Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There is scientifically proven to be a meteor laying in space.. Do you think it's true or not, I believe it's true, but I am not sure it's gona land on space, I believe it would be destroyed before it reached earth.

2. Re: End of the World

You need to rephrase your sentence there Vince.

I do believe there is an asteroid out there that will eventually hit us a again, a large one, possibly in 2012, which is when the Mayans predicted the world will end. However, with as fast as our technology is advancing then as long as we detect it in time, it should easily be able to be be taken care of.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Re: End of the World

Yeah that's what I meant there is a meteor in space that will hit planet Earth if we don't do anything about it. i was just wodnering if you guys though it was true or not.

4. Re: End of the World

Meteors hit the Earth on a daily basis, just not big ones, occasionally a big one will get through from time to time and do something, the blast in Siberia is an example of a big recent one that leveled a huge area since it exploded above the ground. I believe that was in the early 20th Century.

5. merob

merob Boom!

It'd be interesting if we did get hit, considering the rotation changed during the psunami disaster.
    I think we'll probably die soon, some way or another.

6. Re: End of the World

Way to be optimistic there Luc, and the Tsunami's did not change the rotation of the Earth, the Earthquake did.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I'm sure there'll be an end of the earth some day when we screw up the environment to the point where nothing can live on Earth anymore, or when a big asteroid hits us.

8. Re: End of the World

Eventually the sun will go Super Nova anyway, so in several million years we will for sure die lol.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Mayans did not claim 2012 to be the end of the world, they said it would be the end of an era, which does not necessarily mean 'apocalypse'. Most people just believe that's what it meant, because us humans are always so positive.

10. Re: End of the World

That was when their calender stopped, and they have nothing goes beyond though, so its safe to say that would be what it means.