End of the brand extension in sight?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Source Rajah.com

If you saw RAW you saw that they are unifying the women's and diva's title at Night of Champions. Looks like they have bigger plans as well.

What are your thoughts on this overall? Good idea? Bad?

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I have a question actually, does that apply only to the Championships or the talent as well? Are they gonna get rid of the yearly draft?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  3. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

If they consolidated the championships they'd probably make appearances on both shows...there wouldn't need to be a draft in my opinion, I'd see keeping separate rosters as kind of strange in this case.

4. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I have never been a big fan of the brand extension, and this great news. The WWE is finally realizing that the WWE is just very plain right now and they really need to start shaking things up. Having 1 world champion, and IC champion, and an 1 womens title would be great. We have so many belts flying around right now that everybody on the roster can at least be a champion once in there careers. Hopefully they will make the IC title a legitimate title again and if they do that bring back the European Title which would be defended on shows like superstars or smackdown.

5. Millz

I have actually been a big fan of the brand extension but I would not be opposed to changing things up. I would love it if there was only one championship...makes that belt mean a crap ton more and would prevent guys like Triple H from having 20 reigns since there are so many titles.

I think a change is needed...spice things up. Go back to what worked.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I would rather WWE get new writers and bookers. That's the problem. They have too much on their plate they can't keep coming up with storylines and bookings every week. All I keep seeing is recycle plots over and over again. They need creativity and innovation. It's been really lackluster of late and I don't blame the brand extension, I blame the writers and bookers.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I wouldn't mind if they stop with the brand extension, but the only thing that I am worried about is that it would bury some mid-carders. The two different brands gives some wrestlers a chance to shine and show the crowd that they belong in the WWE.

Other than that, I'm definitely all for it.

8. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i fear the split ending...i mean the wwe has a ton of main eventers i am afraid guys will get lost in the shuffle...

i guess it could lead to feuds being based on things other than titles though...maybe?

9. Millz

Do you trust the writers to write something outside of championship matches? haha...

You make a good point for once though. Not everything will be title focused...should be interesting to see.

The girls having two title made no sense and I'm glad we've got one set of tag titles. This should, SHOULD, help the IC title out and make it more prestigous and more fought for.

10. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Interesting point, I do remember better story-driven feuds from the time before the brand extension...I guess more time to tell the story?

I'd enjoy that, but I don't trust the writers either right now. They'll need to prove themselves in that respect lol.