End of an era: Chargers cut LT

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

San Diego Chargers cut LaDainian Tomlinson - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

This isn't really surprising and I believe everyone saw it coming, especially that LT said he didn't want to play for the Chargers anymore.

Should be interesting to see if he calls it a career or he signs with another team. He's definitely not the same player he once was, and I think everyone knows that. But I still believe that he can offer many great things to a team out there.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I still believe he can be a contributor also. I was reading the other day that SD was looking to trade Antonio Cromartie and were interested in either Tashard Choice or Marion Barber. If I were Dallas I'd pull the trigger on that deal, and it looks more likely now.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Its going to be sooo weird seeing LT in any jersey other then the Chargers. Good for Darren Sproles though.

I think he'll continue to play.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

God I hope the Browns look at him. We just cut Jamal Lewis and I think LT could teach a lot to Harrison.

5. Babe_Ruth

The thing is Swift at this point of his career I doubt he'll play for a team that has no chance to win the Super Bowl anytime soon.

He'll probably take a cut in pay to play for a team that has chances to win the Super Bowl since he hasn't won the big prize in his career yet. That's probably the only thing on his mind in my opinion.

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

In my opinion, LaDainian is the greatest Charger to ever step foot onto Jack Murphey Field, and he brought legitimacy back to this franchise after the Ryan Leaf years turned the Chargers into a laughing stock. It's incredibly disappointing that he ended his career in San Diego without a ring, but that doesn't take away from how great he truly was.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Chargers won't look the same without him, but oh well it's been real.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Millz is right, definitely going to be weird seeing him in a different jersey. He isn't the same player, but given the right situation, he can still be a starting back and a good one at that. BR is right too, he'll only want to go to a team with a chance at getting him a SB ring. I actually can't take a guess right now - it'll be entertaining to see where he lands.

9. Babe_Ruth

For some reason I see him going to Steel Town, I think he would be a great addition to that team and even though they missed the playoffs last season they still have a strong team and have good chances making it back to the Super Bowl next year.

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

What about the Patriots? Think that could happen? Or is there still too much bad blood? Haha. They could use him and also have a decent chance of making it to the playoffs/SB.

Steelers makes sense though.