Encyclopedia Brown

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Italiano, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I'm going to take a trip down memory lane. Is it just me or did anyone else ever read the adventures of Encyclopedia Brown?

I loved reading those books when I was a kid. All the books had the Playbill font on the pages and Encyclopedia would never be wrong. There were those kids and villains that kept on trying with their schemes to frame Encyclopedia Brown but he always saw through it.

Man, those were darker times, simpler times.

Jeanie likes this.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I had actually forgotten all about these books. I used to read and love them too.

It seems like his shoes were always untied, I think.

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

This thread is

BUGS MEANY APPROVED

[​IMG]

EDIT: Also, Scholastic Book Services ftw!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
    Jeanie likes this.
  4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I loved those books. I knew all of the solutions to all of his cases. My favorite was when Sally solved the crime because she knew more about etiquette than Encyclopedia.

7. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I loved the one about the guy who tried to win Sally over by posing a fake fight with another big kid but Encyclopedia saw through it and told Sally how he did it.

8. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Whenever I see a picture of pro2A it reminds me of EB as I interpreted Donald J. Sobol's description of the sleuth de la youth.

Speaking of Sobol, did any of you read the Two-Minute Mysteries series?

9. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I remember reading one book in the 6th grade. I think it was where he first moved to the town or something.