• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

email scams

helpisontheway

Registered Member
Someone sent me this link today on what some people are doing to scammers in order to get more information and direct it to the police. I read this page all the way through. In order to fully get everything you have to read all the titles to see who is writing to who. It's kind of funny but they did get some info

The actual website is dedicated to people replying to the scammers and having slighting funny conversations with them.

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/FatherPenna.htm

Nanner

Registered Member
LOL that's funny! I had never gotten these before but all of a sudden the last month or so I've gotten several. Hmmmm maybe the next one I'll play with for awhile???

TGirl

Registered Member
ohhhhhhhhhhhh I read it all...that was funny, but I don't think I would have had the patience to do this everyday.....TOOOOOOO FUNNYYYYYYYY

I will show this to hubby he always gets these kind of e-mails.....they always start out:

David you were refered to us as a trustworthy business man, we know we can confide in you and you will keep this confidential ...hahahah Business man??? My hubby??? hahahahah he is smart, but aaaaaaaaaaa comon!!

helpisontheway

Registered Member
hehehe... ya if you go to the main website page... http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

He has compiled a whole list full of people who have submitted their laughable emails...

doubles2004

Registered Member
Haha..This Is great lots of reading but funny. thanks

TGirl

Registered Member
Yeah well worth the reading...I was laughing so hard.....Just like when you get sales call.....right at 5PM when you are sitting down to dinner......I don't hang up anymore...I say ohhhhh can you hold on a minute somehting is burning on the stove,......will only take me a second.....then I put the phone down on the counter and we all sit down and eat dinner.....the scary thing is sometimes they hang up but the ones that don't...they just wait and wait and wait.....a hour later i pick up the phone and they are still there........uggggggggg

So my daughter does this thing now....she answers and they ask for me she says just a minute...she yells "MOM, some guy wants to talk to you on the phone" and I yell back "who is it" she says "I don't know, I think your boyfriend again, dad is gunna be mad...he said the next time that guy calls he is gunna shoot him" it goes on and on.......

do you know that most the time when you get a sales call it is long distance.....they usually bother you around dinner time...so hey the long you make them wait, the more money they spend on this call.....

cno2u

Registered Member
LOL too funny! My best friend is only 24 like me and sometimes they call for those promo deals. You supposedly have to be at least 25, she plays them till the end makes them tell her why their calling and so on then says ohhh wait did you say I had to be 25 sorry i'm too young thank you though bye. She figures maybe they'll get tired of repeating all that junk for nothing lol. That original letter that was responded to on the website ... I have acutally received that and wrote them back. They pretty much said the same thing to me. I just ignored them after about 2 weeks of just deleting their messages they finally quit emailing me. What's sad is some people do fall for that stuff and get scammed! Teaches you that you have to be really careful. I don't open any emails unless I know who they are. Thanks for the great laugh that was hilariouse!
christena

Thought I would let ya'll know there is a great website to check out companies and businesses ... it's called ... www.ripoffreports.com

opps type minus the "s" ...www.ripoffreport.com ... sorry my bad.

Last edited:

LicentiousVenus

Registered Member
i use to get those letters from nigeria all the time.....at first it almost seemed like something, until i actually read it...lol....I think i finally quit receiving them when i told them that my dad was an fbi agent and that we were on to him.....ok...so i lied....but i hate scammers....if i get one of those e-mails again...i'm gonna have to screw around with the guy.....i wonder if he would send a pic of himself in a hula skirt? hehe

nani1987

Registered Member
good find thanks for sharing some of these scammers are pretty good but i use to get tons in my last email b4 i switched providers well thank god no more............
nxt one i get i will play along too.............lol