Email forwards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeanie, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

When someone forwards something to you that you know is total bullshit, do you look it up on snopes and reply to them with the link? If so, do you reply to all? or do you let it go?

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I just usually check on snopes and leave it at that. There was that one time with the Bonzai Kitten website though.

...hehe, bonzai kitten...

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I let them know they're wrong so they can stop looking like an idiot by sending it to more people.:)

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Snopes?

I don't get any forwards. I threaten anyone who sends me one that I'll block them. My sister kept sending them to me, so I finally blocked her for like a month before she begged me to unblock her. :D

As for the anonymous forwarding, I usually send a bogus email back.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't even read emails like that. I delete them no matter who sent them to me. It's too easy to waste time reading scam emails.

Yeah right. Delete. :cool:

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Don't even read them. Just delete them.

What's Snopes?

7. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I just delete them. I don't see any point to reading/replying to them. It's just a waste of time.

8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Snopes is an urban legend website. It has information on those urban legends you've heard of (like people waking up in a bath full of ice and their kidneys removed, or the word sex in the dust in one scene of The Lion King) and tells you if they're true, false, undetermined, or mixed.

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Hmmm, I thought she was talking about a friend sending a stupid email. I get that crap from people I know all the time.
    If it's someone I don't even know, I don't bother opening it.

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

no you're right angel, stupid emails from people who should know better.