Email forwards

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
When someone forwards something to you that you know is total bullshit, do you look it up on snopes and reply to them with the link? If so, do you reply to all? or do you let it go?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I just usually check on snopes and leave it at that. There was that one time with the Bonzai Kitten website though.

...hehe, bonzai kitten...

Iris

rainbow 11!
Snopes?

I don't get any forwards. I threaten anyone who sends me one that I'll block them. My sister kept sending them to me, so I finally blocked her for like a month before she begged me to unblock her. :D

As for the anonymous forwarding, I usually send a bogus email back.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't even read emails like that. I delete them no matter who sent them to me. It's too easy to waste time reading scam emails.

If you send this email to 100 people Bill Gates will mail you a check for $100! It works and it's totally legal! No catches!
Yeah right. Delete. :cool:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Snopes is an urban legend website. It has information on those urban legends you've heard of (like people waking up in a bath full of ice and their kidneys removed, or the word sex in the dust in one scene of The Lion King) and tells you if they're true, false, undetermined, or mixed.

Hmmm, I thought she was talking about a friend sending a stupid email. I get that crap from people I know all the time.
If it's someone I don't even know, I don't bother opening it.