• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Elizabeth Edwards Has Died *Update*

Dabs

Registered Member
The news reports today, that Elizabeth Edwards is at home with her family, being told there is no longer anything that can be done to help treat her cancer.
She has apparently been given only weeks to live.
She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004.....and fought it strong, and even thru the mess with her husband John Edwards, she held her head high, and continued onward.
She made a statement, saying she knew there was only so much that could be done for her, and that she was ready now.
Such a sad story.....having to cope with cancer was bad enough, but to have all the added stress of what Mr. John did, had to of made things worse.
She is so young still.....my heart aches for her and the family....but they report, she is in no pain.......just relaxing amongst her loved ones.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really feel for her, after all she had been through with her husband's cheating she deserved more comfort and happiness.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Deserved way better. I feel awful for her kids, especially her two youngest, who, I think are not even tweens yet. Let's hope she can receive comfort and piece in her remaining days.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Her cheating husband is nothing compared to her illness.
It's really sad to hear about a woman going through this misfortune.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
My thoughts are with her family and herself. I wish she wouldn't have to go through this with all else that has happened. She is a strong woman regardless of her illness.

Dabs

Registered Member
Her cheating husband is nothing compared to her illness.
It's really sad to hear about a woman going through this misfortune.
But it would have been nice, to have a devoted husband staying there, by your side, in your final days...offering comfort.
I am sure, that is not happening here.
But she has her children, I hear her parents are wonderful people....and other great friends......she is being comforted at home....and that's a blessing in itself, being at home, with the ones you love.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
But it would have been nice, to have a devoted husband staying there, by your side, in your final days...offering comfort.
But she has her children, I hear her parents are wonderful people....and other great friends......she is being comforted at home....and that's a blessing in itself, being at home, with the ones you love.
I would ask for the same if I was in the same scenario.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
BTW, isn't her husband by her side? They got divorced? I thought she forgave him.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I just read that she has passed away. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. RIP Mrs. Edwards.

Dabs

Registered Member
BTW, isn't her husband by her side? They got divorced? I thought she forgave him.
She left him in January....UPDATE*****
The news just reported, Elizabeth Edwards has passed away today.
Oh my goodness, more sudden than I even expected :(
The cancer had spread to her liver.....I hope she was comforted with her children being there.....God knows, this is a familiar situation to me :(

Last edited: