• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PPV Elimination Chamber thread

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We had ridiculously good participation in the Royal Rumble thread so let's keep it going.

This is the transitional PPV before Wrestlemania. RAW spoiler is below...

The WWE title match will be the Miz vs Jerry the King Lawler for the WWE title

RAW Chamber match consists of John Cena, Sheamus, R-Truth, John Morrison, Randy Orton and CM Punk

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I always love the Chamber, it's one of my favorite matches in the WWE. I really like that they added it to February instead of a regular No Way Out PPV...it makes the Road to Wrestlemania a little more exciting.

I still don't know what I think about Lawler being #1 contender. He seems to be in decent enough shape to at least put on a little bit of a show, and it provides a good break for Miz and pays homage to a veteran of the business. However, we all already know that The Miz is going to Wreslemania...when we weren't sure 100% before, now we are.

I like the Chamber determining the #1 Contender for the WWE championship at WM. I wonder how it will work on Smackdown? Will they also have a separate title match and 6 men in the chamber? And why will they bein the Chamber, if Del Rio is already #1 contender?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The RAW spoilers are going to continue...

So just stop reading this thread if you haven't watched...

k thanks...

I get why they did it the way that they did it with King getting a title shot and I'm okay with it for some reason. King and Miz and Cole and Riley have a lot of heat and I think the match will be good. Sure Miz will win but it's still nice for King. I'm sure we'll see Cole involved in some way and screw King over again.

I also love that the Chamber is being used as a #1 contender's match. I like that a lot better.

As far as Smackdown, not sure. Maybe if Edge survives on Friday they'll just give Ziggler another shot. Maybe they'll only have 1 chamber match? My guess is Edge's title will be defended because of Vickie hating him.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The RAW spoilers are going to continue...

So just stop reading this thread if you haven't watched...

k thanks...

I get why they did it the way that they did it with King getting a title shot and I'm okay with it for some reason. King and Miz and Cole and Riley have a lot of heat and I think the match will be good. Sure Miz will win but it's still nice for King. I'm sure we'll see Cole involved in some way and screw King over again.

I also love that the Chamber is being used as a #1 contender's match. I like that a lot better.

As far as Smackdown, not sure. Maybe if Edge survives on Friday they'll just give Ziggler another shot. Maybe they'll only have 1 chamber match? My guess is Edge's title will be defended because of Vickie hating him.
Spoilers continue....

I'd think there will be a Smackdown chamber match for equilibrium's sake...what if it was for the IC Title, or to determine its number one contender for WM? A lot of good guys around to be in that title hunt...Rhodes, McIntyre, Mysterio, Show, Kane, Corre members...I'm sure I could think of more.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Spoilers continue....

I'd think there will be a Smackdown chamber match for equilibrium's sake...what if it was for the IC Title, or to determine its number one contender for WM? A lot of good guys around to be in that title hunt...Rhodes, McIntyre, Mysterio, Show, Kane, Corre members...I'm sure I could think of more.
No offense intended but do you really think the WWE is going to have a chamber match for the lowly IC title? Maybe in your and I's dreams maybe, but that's about it :lol:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
No offense intended but do you really think the WWE is going to have a chamber match for the lowly IC title? Maybe in your and I's dreams maybe, but that's about it :lol:
Well they need one for something! I highly doubt there'd be a Raw one and no SD one.

It probably is just in my dreams, that makes the most sense, but the way SD has been do you really think they'll get left out?

What's another reason they'd have to put one on? Just for the hell of it?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well they need one for something! I highly doubt there'd be a Raw one and no SD one.

It probably is just in my dreams, that makes the most sense, but the way SD has been do you really think they'll get left out?

What's another reason they'd have to put one on? Just for the hell of it?
I mentioned it briefly but I think the World title would be defended in the other one because of Guerrero. I'm sure she'll put Edge in that position, especially if he retains this Friday.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I mentioned it briefly but I think the World title would be defended in the other one because of Guerrero. I'm sure she'll put Edge in that position, especially if he retains this Friday.
Oh, ok, the way you had worded your statment about the World Title made me think that you had meant just Edge vs. Ziggler one on one again. Maybe I read it too quickly, lol.

That would make a ton of sense...I guess I had thought that they'd want a pattern (with two championship matches and two chambers), but I could be way off.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh, ok, the way you had worded your statment about the World Title made me think that you had meant just Edge vs. Ziggler one on one again. Maybe I read it too quickly, lol.

That would make a ton of sense...I guess I had thought that they'd want a pattern (with two championship matches and two chambers), but I could be way off.
Eh yeah, it was terribly worded, haha. Well, in that it didn't really portray what I was trying too haha.

Well one chamber isn't for a title so I think the other one will almost have too now.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Eh yeah, it was terribly worded, haha. Well, in that it didn't really portray what I was trying too haha.

Well one chamber isn't for a title so I think the other one will almost have too now.
Don't ask me why, but having one for the #1 contender's spot and one for a title sounds cool and interesting this year.

I guess just because it's a little different?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 12
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 48
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 147
Millz Wrestling 70