Eli Manning has separated shoulder, could miss significant playing time

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter has confirmed that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a separated shoulder.

Schefter reports that Manning could realistically return for the Giants' Sept. 30 game against the Eagles.
    The Giants, however, will not confirm the shoulder separation and are saying the quarterback suffered an AC joint contusion. Head coach Tom Coughlin said in his Monday press conference that Manning is day to day.
    Manning landed awkwardly on his throwing shoulder late in the Giants' 45-35 loss to the Cowboys. After a 213-yard, four-touchdown game, Manning was replaced by Jared Lorenzen.
    The Giants lost four key contributors to injury. Aside from Manning, they also lost star defensive end Osi Umenyiora, starting running back Brandon Jacobs and special teams standout Kevin Dockery. Nose tackle Barry Cofield also left the game in the third quarter, but returned.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80239d6c&template=without-video&confirm=true

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

That sucks for him. Granted, it is just one game, but he did pretty damn great. Looked like he had managed to turn his game around a bit.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Could be worse, I would have liked to see a follow up game to the one he played last night. But if I have to wait a game or two its alright. Plax had 3 TD's I know he'll miss Eli.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's not a good start for the Giants, first they lose 45-35 against the Cowboys, second they lose Eli Manning for at least one month and now they lose there starting running back Brandon Jacobs for around 3-5 weeks. Reuben Droughs is a proven running back, but he's going to need to step up in Jacobs absence.

5. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

BRING ON THE HEFTY LEFTY!