Elfen LIED

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Lithium, May 16, 2008.

1. Lithium

Lithium Registered Member

Anyway so I had some coupons at best buy and decided to buy some stuff, this looked intresting so I picked it up. I've only watched the first three episodes so far but I find it to be pretty good and amusing at points. Just thought I'd make a thread as I haven't been around latley and this seems to be the only thing intresting enough to discuss. ^_^

2. 6footninja

6footninja Registered Member

ah ive seen a few episodes. I find the funny awkward moments quite amusing. As well as the gore.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

It was a very good anime and most people in general really liked the show.

I also own the boxset. Probably one of the first anime I had seen that I got so emotionally engrossed in.

There is plenty of gore and comedy not very often do you find the two together.

4. Rhodie_Anders

Rhodie_Anders Registered Member

Oh my LORD. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ELFEN LIED. I saw all 13 of the episodes last year, and have re-watched it all at least twice. Elfen Lied is probably an example of the most gory anime in the universe so far, but the story is an interesting and captivating one. Hard to believe as you go on, yes, but nonetheless very enjoyable. If you survived through the first three or four episodes, you'll go through the rest and love it.

5. 6footninja

6footninja Registered Member

I prefer for the gore and the humor to be seperated in anime.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Well I like the 2 together. I'd never seen an anime like that until I saw it. It was a very good show(in my top 10) but it's not for everyone because of all the gore. You'll know by the first ep if you'll like this show or not. Because the first ep is probably the most violent but it was also exciting and fast which got me hooked.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
    Swiftstrike likes this.
  7. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Oh wow I'm gonna have to check this out. My friend saw it, but he loves everything so I didn't know if it was actually good or not.

8. Mason

Mason phawq

Great anime. Has some nice scenes, lol. And the story is excellent. Though I prefer the manga, since it covers the whole story rather than half of it.

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Wait the manga adds more to the story? There is more? Or was the end of Elfen Lied (anime version) the same ending as the manga?

10. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

There is ALOT more in the manga. In fact, I think it's still going. 88 chapters right now that are in english. Once you get past all the loli and crazy violence it's a pretty funny anime.

Swiftstrike likes this.