• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Electronic Cig vs Real Cig

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Electronic cigarettes vs Real cigarettes

Greetings my fellow smokers

Today I want to compair E Cigs to Real Cigs. We all know the deal with real cigs but not many of you know the facts or have had the chance to see let alone use an E Cig. Well With the E cig there is no smell no ash no butts in a smelly ashtray and no tar or any of the bad things that a real Cig has, not to mention the cost is far cheaper than real cigs (minus the initial purchase of the kit). Plus no more being banned to outside around the corner to smoke a cig you can use these indoors in most bars resatrunts and such. So there is a big plus right there

On advrage a carton of cigs will run you $45 to $70 a week (depending on how much you smoke) where as a pack of filters for a E cig will run you $10 ( for 5 Cartridges and the equal 5 packs ) so $20 a week if you are a heavy smoker Plust the $100 starter kit that gives you the batt, nebulizer and charger plus one free 5 pk of Cartridges.

After the second month you are already saving money. Some have taken to them right away while others have to get used to the nonsmokey flavor.
Now I do want to point out that you do get the nicotine from the e cig just like you would from a real cig, but unlike a real cig you get more than just the nicotine.

So far the response to the E cig has been 50/50 some for and some against. I can tell you from personal exp I am for it, but i have met and heard from a few who don't like it cause of the taste or the fact they calim "it just isn't the same" .

Now I would like for you to decide for yourself I am going to post the link to the E cig main site and let you do some reading to save me from finger sprain.

Now I don't know how much the forum has changed since I was last around so I will post the link in spoiler tag and if admin feels they need to remove it then I guess I will be adding to this post in the form of quoting main site.

I am in no way advertising anything just wanting to share the info on this and help people decide if they wanna give up the real cigs for the new E cig.

http://www.smokefreeonline.com/

I have been using mine for almost 6 months now and the people who knew I smoked thought I quit cause I no longer smelled like smoke and neither did my car or office. So that was a pluss.

I also wanna add that the Cartridges are totaly recycleable (unlike real cig butts).
I also want to add that you can write the costs of the units ( Batts, nebulizer,carttridges and charger) off on your taxes if you use the E cig to quit. The other bonus is you can control the amount of nicotine you get in you filter cartridges from High , Medium , Low and then 0 (final quitting stage).

Me I enjoy smoking and don't wish to quit.

So feel free to explor the link provided above and read all abot the E cig and come back here to discuss or ask your questions i will be more than happy to answer them.

I am really curious to hear from my fellow smokers who are still smoking real cigs.

Dabs

Registered Member
I would just like to say kudos to you for attempting to go a better route as far as smoking. They say the Ecig is better. I am not a smoker, but I can always tell the people who are smokers, as soon as they walk past me, the smell of the stench (smoke). It is raunchy. I have seen ads about this Ecig, and if it works for some people, more power to them.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am going to try this out once I have more funds to spend. It is just the initial 100-150 dollars that you have to spend that I don't have right now to spend. But I will definetly get this in a month or two. Right now I only spend 30 dollars every 2 weeks for one carton of cigs...(I buy them at an Indian reservation...no taxes). I really want to get rid of the smell and try a somewhat safer alternative. Thanks for the info Nightsurfer.

Bliss

Sally Twit
One good thing about these electronic cigarettes is that in my workplace they allow people to use them during work. It saves them having to go out in the cold!
With that said, one guy I work with seems to be addicted to those now. I never see him without one in his mouth and I am wondering if he is perhaps finding the whole thing a bit difficult.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
One good thing about these electronic cigarettes is that in my workplace they allow people to use them during work. It saves them having to go out in the cold!
With that said, one guy I work with seems to be addicted to those now. I never see him without one in his mouth and I am wondering if he is perhaps finding the whole thing a bit difficult.
My friend got one last week. He mentioned the same benefits as Nightsurfer said in terms of cost, smell, recyclability, etc. But the most pleasure he takes from it is that he can smoke anywhere now. He's allowed to do it in his office, restrooms, public transports, etc. and he can chain smoke without feeling he chain smoked cigarettes.

I did discuss with him if he isn't afraid that one day when he quits this, he'll smoke more cigarettes because of the habit he developed of smoking anytime anywhere. He said he's afraid of that and hopes he doesn't switch haha.