Elderly Lady pulls gun on Burglar

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Dragon, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Someone was breaking into this elderly lady's house and when he got in, he had a surprise waiting for him. The lady fired a shot but missed hitting the burglar. The burglar was apprehended by police as he was running out of the house.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

That is freaking awesome. I am glad she was able to defend herself and that the burglar was apprehended. He might think twice about breaking in to an elderly person's home next time. >.>

3. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Now there's a lady that understands survival may require a fight. When backed in to a corner it is no longer a choice between fight or flight. It is a choice between fight and have a chance survive or become the victim and be at the mercy of the agressor.

pro2A likes this.
  4. SouthernComfort

SouthernComfort Registered Member

i love stories like this, except i wish the bullet would of caught him right between the eyes and he suffered a slow and painful death

people who want to take our guns away have obviously never been victims

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Call me a cynic, but I have a feeling if this wasn't someone as "vulnerable" as a little old lady, people would just get pissed at this story like they do with any story that involves someone getting what's coming to them.

pro2A likes this.
  6. Stegosaurus

Stegosaurus Registered Member

I think my favorite part is at the end when she says the police reloaded it for her (because it was a 0.22). :lol: But Cons has a point--had this been some 26-year-old guy, the police might have been a little more hard on him for the use of the gun. That's not to say that the police did not have a talk with her about her capacity to use the pistol safely at her age. The news just really enjoys emphasizing only the parts of a story that they want to. If you have ever been interviewed by a reporter and been in any paper, you know that you'll find yourself reading through his or her article the next day going, "Wait a minute, they left out that crucial part of the story where --------"

I bet she wants a .44 for her 90th birthday :lol:

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

There has been alot of break ins around my area. Some were fatal and some were just one shot to the victim. I never answer the door unless I have my gun with me.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
    pro2A likes this.
  8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I always like to hear stories like this. Just imagine what the story would be like if she didn't have that gun.

9. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Why is this breaking news? If the gun worshippers are right, the incident should be an everyday thing.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think this is a story about the gun to be honest with you. It's just a case where someone took their own life into their own hands and said to someone threatening it, "Go ahead and try." Focusing on the gun is the wrong idea here. She could have had a stun gun and the story should have had the same effect, someone standing up for their well being. Problem is, the political hustlers of this country will just shape it to their liking. If this were a story about a guy who avoided death during a car crash because he swerved at just the right time and handled the car with precision, you wouldn't hear the news media the next day saying, "Thank god he was in a Chrysler."

Guns have this strange effect of becoming an extension of a person when talked about in public. Whenever someone is protected by one, it's as if the person did it themselves. Whenever someone is hurt by one though, the gun is suddenly separate. It's just an amusing inconsistency I've noticed.

Because it involved an elderly woman. Not to mention, this does happen quite often, but how much press coverage would a positive news story get especially one involving responsible use of a firearm? It's not profitable to the major news outlets.