• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multi-Console Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Teaser: YouTube - The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Debut Trailer from Spike TV's VGA 2010

I shit lightning when I heard about this. I fell in love with Oblivion and hearing this just made my day. Anybody else with me?

Wikipedia:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (also referenced as Skyrim) is a fantasy role-playing video game in development by Bethesda Game Studios; it is to be published by Bethesda Softworks.[1] It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action fantasy video game series, and is a direct sequel to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.[2]. The game was announced on December 11, 2010 at the Spike Video Game Awards with a release date of November 11, 2011.[3] The game takes place in the Nordic land of Skyrim, on the fictional continent of Tamriel. The story will revolve around dragons, who fear a person known as the "Dovahkiin".

Skyrim will utilise a new in-house engine, forgoing the Gamebryo engine used for the previous two instalments in the series.[4][5][6] The new engine will incorporate some existing technology used in other Bethesda games, such as Oblivion and Fallout 3.[7] Executive producer Todd Howard has stated that the studio has invested in new talent to significantly improve the characters and animation over previous Bethesda games

Last edited by a moderator:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
This definitely made my day too; I accused my friend and fellow fan of playing a practical joke on me when he said so! I'm going to go get a preorder yesterday!

There's only one concern to be had:
Dec. 11, 2010 - "We've been working on The Elder Scrolls: V for two years, just like everyone thought."

:nod:
Dec. 11, 2010 - "It will be released on November 11, 2011; only 11 months from now."

:w00t:
Dec. 11, 2010 - ".....Oh yeah, and it's totally set in Skyrim."

:eek:mg:
Dec. 13, 2010 - "And we listened to the ten-year-olds; it's going to be an MMO!!" :D

:worried:...whaaaat
Dec. 14, 2010 - "...blah blah and for a nominal access fee, you'll be required to interact with other players in a persistent universe to complete quests and user created blah blah..."
:suicide: /cancelpreorder
------
Bethesda is one of those few development companies left out there who are becoming progressively more fantastic without selling out to EA or Activision and allowing them to systematically destroy the company. I still haven't forgiven EA for dismantling Origin Systems. :mad:

I'm looking forward to the graphical update; the setting virtually demands intensive development of BeardEngine 1.0 to make up for the slight darkening around the chin that went with the last game.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am pretty happy for this release. RPGs like Oblivion are not always my cup of tea, but I will play them a lot regardless.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I am pretty happy for this release. RPGs like Oblivion are not always my cup of tea, but I will play them a lot regardless.
See? See? It's so good that people who don't even like the game play it a whole bunch!

That's quality. :w00t:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
See? See? It's so good that people who don't even like the game play it a whole bunch!

That's quality. :w00t:
I agree. God of War III and Super Mario Galaxy 2 were also like that for me last year.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
To me its the best wRpg franchise ever, and i was very excited with the reveal. Being in Skyrim, north of cyrodiil... a lot of snow on those parts.

And im curious about the new engine.

BigBob

Registered Member
I fell in love with the series since I first played Morrowind back when it first came out, so I'll definitely be looking forward to this one. I would really love for them to somehow turn this into an MMO, but that's just me. I think it would make it that much funner.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I was stoked to see the premiere video (from a clip of Spike's VGAs). Even though it was just a teaser it almost made me fall over.

I really want Elder Scrolls to stay offline. It's world is so rich and deep, it has zero need to go MMO. Make an offshoot of the series if you want to try that, but don't make it happen with a sequel. Co-op gameplay with a friend? Yeah, that would be cool. MMO? No thanks (I'm sure I'd still get it).

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
What I always liked about the Elder Scrolls series is that it's the age old story of one person rising up to take down evil. This works great in a game, as it allows you to project, to pretend that that person is you.

But when you put it in an MMO? That feeling gets lost. You can't be the lone person to give evil a right thrashing when 50 thousand other fuckers have done it before you. I don't mind a bit of co-op gameplay, but a full on MMO? No. Goes against what the series has done so far for no good reason.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I hope to christ the MMO part is left out. I don't know what they're trying to accomplish with that angle.